Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Great looking bike, Harley Grrl.

Do you park your bike in the garage (drive it in and out) or do you have to roll it in and out? Just curious as to how easy you find it to roll/push the bike around.

I ask because I have a 2.5 car garage and I have to put my motorcycle behind one car.

Just curious as I have not owned a bike much above 500 pounds.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:22 PM
chounig
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is mine. Sissybar - round mirrors - 13" rear shocks - a temporary little windshield - not on the pict but a tank bra -laydown licence plate and led rear light. I am waiting to order a Bassani road rage 2 in 1 exhaust complete line. Then next week, I will add a pair of extension tube of fork in order to enfance the ground clearance, same as rear .

Old 03-16-2015, 04:25 PM
chounig
Cruiser

Old 03-16-2015, 04:26 PM
chounig
Cruiser

Old 03-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice bike, chounig.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Jimbo33
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am getting spring fever. The weather is finally starting to break here in upstate NY after a brutal winter. There were a few motorcycles on the road yesterday but the melting snow has a lot of salt in it.

One more question for you folks. The stock seat on the 2014LR is great for me but it is very narrow and uncomfortable for my co-pilot. I tried a Sundowner at the Harley dealer and she loved it but it was too tall for me. Many sites like Saddleman (I was interested in the explorer) don't even list a seat for this bike. Any recommendations?

Old 03-17-2015, 10:12 AM
harley_grrl
Novice

Thanks, Ikelove - I really like it too!

To answer your question about parking: I drive it in the garage and back it out. I usually have plenty of space to get her turned around if I need to as one of the garage bays is usually empty. It's a little more weight to muscle around than my previous bike (Sportster 1200L) but so far I've been managing just fine. In your parking situation, you may have to re-position it a little, but I think it's doable...looks like your garage is wide at least

[QUOTE=Ikelove;13813060]Great looking bike, Harley Grrl.

Do you park your bike in the garage (drive it in and out) or do you have to roll it in and out? Just curious as to how easy you find it to roll/push the bike around.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:33 AM
harley_grrl
Novice

Originally Posted by Jimbo33
I am getting spring fever. The weather is finally starting to break here in upstate NY after a brutal winter. There were a few motorcycles on the road yesterday but the melting snow has a lot of salt in it.

One more question for you folks. The stock seat on the 2014LR is great for me but it is very narrow and uncomfortable for my co-pilot. I tried a Sundowner at the Harley dealer and she loved it but it was too tall for me. Many sites like Saddleman (I was interested in the explorer) don't even list a seat for this bike. Any recommendations?
Hi Jimbo,

Because it's a newer model, most vendors haven't updated their parts list to include the new FXDL. This includes Harley - I purchased some chrome pieces they didn't have listed as a fit for my bike & it fit perfect. However, a lot of the parts that fit the other Dynas, and even older FXDLs will fit the new one.

For example, a seat that fits the following bikes should also fit the new FXDL (according to Harley's website):
2006-2009 Low Rider
2006-2014 SuperGlide Custom
2006-2014 Street Bob
2010-2015 Wide Glide
2012-2015 Switchback

I would start your search there and then verify with the seat maker before you purchase. Hope this helps

Old 03-17-2015, 11:59 AM
ch6551
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chounig
Hello from France!
I am the very glad owner of a new 2015 fxdl. My 7th Hd.
Riding in moutains, i have problemes with ground clearance. Pegs scraps. I have change my rear shocks for 13" ones. To complete this operation, I have ordered a paire of 2" extension tubes. Waiting fort it. This will give back to the bike its genuine seat. Then the ground clearance will be enhance of 1". The other 1" will raise up from the T. I hope this will make it easear to have a more sport ride like with my ex 2003 dyna sport that i loved.
Anyone else have done this? Thank you.
Philippe
I did 13.5" race tech rear shocks and wide glide fork tubes up front with race tech springs and gold valve emulators. huge improvement in ride quality and lean angle.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Got my bike up for sale. Hope to sell soon. Stopped in at local HD dealer Saturday and spoke to a salesman for about 30 minutes. Said he would get me a great deal. Told him we shall see. The good thing about Northern IL is that there many, many HD dealers. The dealer has a left over 2014 silver and black one w/o any options. Will have to see what kind of price he can give me versus a 2015 model.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider