Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:29 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FatboyBass
Look very cool Neal, nice job.

Thank you. How's the V&H slip-on going? That's probably my next job.

Any advice on retuning for that is welcome - if and when you do it as it's always useful to compare.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:31 AM
FatboyBass
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NealE
Thank you. How's the V&H slip-on going? That's probably my next job.

Any advice on retuning for that is welcome - if and when you do it as it's always useful to compare.
The slip on is fine Neal, certainly an improvement over the stock pipe, the sound is a nice deep Harley rumble but not so loud that you're going to be unpopular with the neighbours. I have a Screaming Eagle air cleaner kit waiting to go on, as soon as I get my V&H FP3 (ordered). There really isn't any need to retune if you're just fitting the slip-on, but as I'm altering the air flow also with the SE air cleaner, I thought it best to get anFP3 also. I've heard very good reports on these, and they appear to be extremely user friendly, which is always a plus. A fellow Harley Riders Club member (Fleetway) has the same set up & he's very pleased with it. I'll let you know when I've got it all fitted & done what a difference it (hopefully!) has made.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 AM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FatboyBass
The slip on is fine Neal, certainly an improvement over the stock pipe, the sound is a nice deep Harley rumble but not so loud that you're going to be unpopular with the neighbours. I have a Screaming Eagle air cleaner kit waiting to go on, as soon as I get my V&H FP3 (ordered). There really isn't any need to retune if you're just fitting the slip-on, but as I'm altering the air flow also with the SE air cleaner, I thought it best to get anFP3 also. I've heard very good reports on these, and they appear to be extremely user friendly, which is always a plus. A fellow Harley Riders Club member (Fleetway) has the same set up & he's very pleased with it. I'll let you know when I've got it all fitted & done what a difference it (hopefully!) has made.

Thanks - look forward to the report. I guessed as much with just fitting a slip-on so I shall order. Any suggestions on best deals? A R Harley and sons seem reasonable (http://www.harleycustom.co.uk/UK_Van...1_129_556_9880).

Old 02-28-2015, 08:50 AM
FatboyBass
Novice

Originally Posted by NealE
Thanks - look forward to the report. I guessed as much with just fitting a slip-on so I shall order. Any suggestions on best deals? A R Harley and sons seem reasonable (http://www.harleycustom.co.uk/UK_Van...1_129_556_9880).
That does seem a good deal. I paid a little more than that from Phil at Fatboyzdiner. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the sound & look of it, and very quick & easy to install. The stock exhaust sound is really the only thing that I've not liked on my Lowrider, and this is a very easy & relatively inexpensive fix for that. Cheers for now, Grahame

Old 03-01-2015, 08:50 AM
fleetway
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FatboyBass View Post
Yes I am very pleased with the whole set up, I did find when I fitted the slip-on originally it ran hot and crackled and popped a lot on the overrun, I got my Slip-on and FP3 from Phil at FatBoyz Diner, I tried to download a stock map but there wasn't a particular one for that set up, so I autotuned it, a vast improvement. I bought my SE stage 1 filter kit from Sycamores, another easy fit, then autotuned it again, runs great, good mpg as well. Well worth the money, and a stage 1 at less than half the dealer price!

Old 03-01-2015, 04:54 PM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fleetway
Yes I am very pleased with the whole set up, I did find when I fitted the slip-on originally it ran hot and crackled and popped a lot on the overrun, I got my Slip-on and FP3 from Phil at FatBoyz Diner, I tried to download a stock map but there wasn't a particular one for that set up, so I autotuned it, a vast improvement. I bought my SE stage 1 filter kit from Sycamores, another easy fit, then autotuned it again, runs great, good mpg as well. Well worth the money, and a stage 1 at less than half the dealer price!

Thanks both for the guidance. I think slip-on first then see where to go form there.

Cheers

Old 03-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

I have finally settled on color. If I cannot find a 2014 leftover, I am going to go with the Amber Whiskey. Paying off my current bike on Friday so I will have title in hand.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:31 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I have finally settled on color. If I cannot find a 2014 leftover, I am going to go with the Amber Whiskey. Paying off my current bike on Friday so I will have title in hand.
So close my friend.......sooooo close.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
So close my friend.......sooooo close.

I would say within a month. I should have my current bike sold by April. My dad is gifting me $5000 this year. I should get $6500-7000 for my current bike. Throw in another couple thousand from savings and I should have $13,500-14,500 cash in hand.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:13 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck IkeLove. Don't take too much out of savings. You will want some money for new parts.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider