Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 05:39 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by canyonwlf7
Is there a link to this info, I'd like to put this on my Low Rider?
thanks to fxrnutt for the initial info on the HD 1/4 fairing fitting. Now proven it also works with the Bungking brackets and HD QD clamps.
Earlier in this thread - just go back and all shall be clear.

BungKing Brackets and accompanying information for the QD mount all on their website. HD Quarter Fairing plus the actual QD mounts from your local MoCo dealer.

Last edited by NealE; 02-12-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by JES1680
I've been following this thread too. I picked up my 14.5 black last fall during a big event at the local dealer for $12,500.

You did real well on the price. I do not recall anyone else getting one for that price.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:02 PM
JES1680
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I wasn't really planning on spending on a new bike but a demo ride and spent some time with the GM of the dealership, we hit it off and had similar experiences, both owned restaurants. I shot him the number, it was fall in MN and I guess they wanted floor space for the 2015s.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JES1680
Pipes is the hardest. Found out that V&H's fit, also Reinhart 2-1 fit, I believe Bassani as well.
Like the sound of twin pipes, but don't want to loose my low end. Also don't want really loud pipes, in the past, I've punched the stock EVO pipes and been pretty happy with the sound.

I have spent a lot of time watching videos on youtube of all the many different pipes. The best sounding to me are the Vance and Hines Big Shots. That will be my pipe.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 AM
canyonwlf7
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 19 Posts

I did the S&S air cleaner, V&H big Radius, and FP3, love loading a map from my iPhone, runs flawlessly

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:51 AM
gump305
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice looking bike Canyon, I've always loved the look of the S&S air cleaner!

Old 02-12-2015, 01:54 PM
harley_grrl
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread on the FXDL...I had a tough time finding any information on mods and fitment. I appreciate your input, especially on pipes - I agree with those that think this baby needs some serious help with sound - no deep Harley rumble here

Like JES1680, I am also located up north in the great white tundra.Last week my dealer delivered my 2014 black Lowrider and I can't wait for spring so I can ride! This is my second bike...I've spent the last 3 years racking up the miles on my 2009 Sportster 1200 Low. While I've managed just fine on several 1500 mile trips, my hubby thought it was time to get something a little more comfortable. Sat on the new Lowrider and I was smitten. Love my sporty though...will be keeping it!

I have a few questions for you more seasoned Harley owners:
1)
I really like the old school round air cleaner on the street bob...does anyone know if they can be fitted to the Lowrider? I could go with a Stage I, and probably will, but I was trying to avoid a re-tune.
2)
Ditto on the Harley one-piece detach chopper style sissy bar. I saw a few bikes on here with the black one, which I am leaning towards. Does anyone have a good close up of the fender support with it attached? Not sure how good it would look on a chrome support?
3)
Someone had a pic of their LR with black engine guards, but I can't find it...if you're reading this, can you re-post? I like the look of the bike without it, but would like more options for highway bars AND it's good insurance...just in case

I also got a sweet deal on mine - they had a new leftover 2014 and they sold it to me for $12,400. My dealer doesn't charge for delivery and setup, but some do. They also brought it to my door in their heated trailer, so I was super happy about that! I'm sure I'll have more questions - right now I'm just soaking up the wealth of info and enjoying all the photos.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by harley_grrl
I also got a sweet deal on mine - they had a new leftover 2014 and they sold it to me for $12,400. My dealer doesn't charge for delivery and setup, but some do. They also brought it to my door in their heated trailer, so I was super happy about that! I'm sure I'll have more questions - right now I'm just soaking up the wealth of info and enjoying all the photos.

I hope to find a dealer in my area who can give me such a deal. As far as I can recall, I think you have gotten the best deal on a LR of anyone in this thread. $12,400 without delivery and set up charges is really good.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:43 PM
harley_grrl
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I hope to find a dealer in my area who can give me such a deal. As far as I can recall, I think you have gotten the best deal on a LR of anyone in this thread. $12,400 without delivery and set up charges is really good.
I thought so, too If they have leftover 14's, I don't know why you shouldn't be able to get a similar deal. Mine does not have ABS or Security and isn't one of the colors they charge extra for, so MSRP was $14,200. I was originally looking at a used '14 and my dealer told me he'd sell me the new one for the same price. He said they already had credit for selling the used one and were pushing to get rid of the last 2014. I hadn't planned on new, but it was too good to pass up. I didn't have a trade, either, so I think that helped.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider