Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2023, 01:10 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by ucbruce
So, there's the 'Guzzi and a Kawasaki. What's the other bike?
It a BMW S1000XR; Andy traded in his red one for a new grey one.

Old 09-20-2023, 11:05 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham UK
It a BMW S1000XR; Andy traded in his red one for a new grey one.
Now that's a bike! I bet you would have trouble keeping up with him, if he wanted to run, lol

Old 09-20-2023, 12:11 PM
Graham UK
Tourer

Now that's a bike! I bet you would have trouble keeping up with him, if he wanted to run, lol
You are not wrong! Thankfully, he's not usually a quick rider, but he was leading on a recent ride out, and pressing on towards the end because our friend on the Ninja needed to get home; and I really was struggling to keep up - for me it felt manic rather than enjoyable, and he was genuinely bemused when I mentioned it. It's one of the few occasions when I wished my Low Rider had just a little more oomph when overtaking other vehicles on winding country roads.

Old 09-20-2023, 08:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Been two weeks since I last rode. Hope to get a few rides in the next couple of days.

Old 09-21-2023, 10:52 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by Graham UK
You are not wrong! Thankfully, he's not usually a quick rider, but he was leading on a recent ride out, and pressing on towards the end because our friend on the Ninja needed to get home; and I really was struggling to keep up - for me it felt manic rather than enjoyable, and he was genuinely bemused when I mentioned it. It's one of the few occasions when I wished my Low Rider had just a little more oomph when overtaking other vehicles on winding country roads.
My bike is a Stage ! build, with an aftermarket exhaust, eliminating the cat. It has a lot of "oomph", but I still couldn't keep up with that bike. Is your bike basically stock, being in England? The laws are much stricter there, aren't they? Here it's State-by-State...

Old 09-21-2023, 11:49 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
You're going to have to prove that to me because I've never ever used a tender and I don't think I ever got anything less than 5 to 7 years out of a battery.. But I will say I take it out of the real cold temperatures cuz I live in the Northeast and I bring it inside and I put it on a piece of wood so it doesn't get drained.. I think most of you people are sold on the idea that you need to put it on a tender I think people are just taking your money to make more sales... I've been a mechanic since the late '70s and I've never seen anything fail if you take care of it properly..
I don't know how to "prove" it to you, but when I bought my last Bagger, the only thing I had to replace was the battery. It was basically a brand new bike, 206 miles, but had sat in a previous owners garage, for 6 months, because he didn't ride it. When I put it in my garage, I immediately put it on a tender, as it would be another 4 months before I could ride it, because of the wreck that destroyed my previous Bagger, and a broken leg. When I finally did start riding it, the battery went pretty quickly. I can only surmise that the reason the battery failed was because of lack of use, and not being on a tender...

The following users liked this post:
98hotrodfatboy (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:08 PM
Graham UK
Tourer

My bike is a Stage ! build, with an aftermarket exhaust, eliminating the cat. It has a lot of "oomph", but I still couldn't keep up with that bike. Is your bike basically stock, being in England? The laws are much stricter there, aren't they? Here it's State-by-State...
Yes, the rules are strict, and my bike is basically stock. Many riders just ignore the rules and many get away with it, but, to my mind, the potential consequences, especially if there's an accident and the insurance pick up on the bike not being strictly legal, aren't worth the stress.

Old 09-21-2023, 12:20 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,433 Likes on 3,625 Posts

I don't know how to "prove" it to you, but when I bought my last Bagger, the only thing I had to replace was the battery. It was basically a brand new bike, 206 miles, but had sat in a previous owners garage, for 6 months, because he didn't ride it. When I put it in my garage, I immediately put it on a tender, as it would be another 4 months before I could ride it, because of the wreck that destroyed my previous Bagger, and a broken leg. When I finally did start riding it, the battery went pretty quickly. I can only surmise that the reason the battery failed was because of lack of use, and not being on a tender...
That would be kind of hard to prove and I don't know why I said that at the time, sometimes I guess I just get carried away or something...👍

Old 10-26-2023, 11:38 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

I just had to replace the battery on my 2015 Dyna Low Rider after 6 months, and I keep it on a tender. They gave me a new one, but it was a pain in the *** to pull it out, go to the store, and then replace the battery. It must have been a factory defect as I keep it on a tender. It was putting out 12.7 volts, but only 266 CCA...

Old 10-26-2023, 06:13 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,199 Likes on 4,406 Posts

I just had to replace the battery on my 2015 Dyna Low Rider after 6 months, and I keep it on a tender. They gave me a new one, but it was a pain in the *** to pull it out, go to the store, and then replace the battery. It must have been a factory defect as I keep it on a tender. It was putting out 12.7 volts, but only 266 CCA...

I have two Twin Cam Softails, a Bagger, and a Dyna (2016 Low Rider)... the Dyna is by far the easiest of those models to remove/replace the battery......

Last edited by hattitude; 10-26-2023 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider