Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:20 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

I took a beautiful 50 mile ride on my Low Rider today, probably the last one for a month. I'm going in for hernia surgery in 2 days and will be laid up for a bit. My first surgery, so I'm a little anxious.

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 06:02 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,432 Likes on 3,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I took a beautiful 50 mile ride on my Low Rider today, probably the last one for a month. I'm going in for hernia surgery in 2 days and will be laid up for a bit. My first surgery, so I'm a little anxious.
I had a hernia repaired last April.. it's about six weeks for full recovery.. you'll be glad you got it done.. with all the talk about a mesh I asked if possible please don't use one. He didn't and all is good.. Good luck..

Old 09-14-2022, 01:54 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

You'll be fine, and just think about how much better you'll feel after the surgery...

Old 09-14-2022, 02:48 PM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

God bless you brother and bring you safely through. You'll be glad to have had it done.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:40 PM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm still having problems with the horn on my Low Rider. I've posted a question on the relevant forum. Please let me know if you think you may have a solution. Here's the link to my post:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...l#post20827960

Old 09-15-2022, 07:29 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Sorry to hear about that but you got to do what you got to do. Get better and get back on your bikes soon.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:12 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham UK
I'm still having problems with the horn on my Low Rider. I've posted a question on the relevant forum. Please let me know if you think you may have a solution. Here's the link to my post:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...l#post20827960
Only issue I have had with mine is that the bracket that holds the horn broke from a stress fracture. Had to buy a new horn as they do not sell the bracket separately. Never heard of the problem you are having.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:49 PM
partain
Stage III
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone,
I have a 2014 FXDL and need to replace both the throttle cables (the throttle and the Idle). The problem is, I don't know what length to buy.

I've looked on several places like Motion Pro, Denis Kirk, JPCycles, Low Brow customs. For the OEM part number, they all have multiple length cables.

The dealer wants to charge a stupid high amount for them but doesn't even have them in stock. They would have to order them and it would take a couple of weeks. I assume they would be the correct length. But I'd rather just buy them at one of those places mentioned about if I knew the right length to buy.

The only way I would know for sure the right length is to take mine off and measure them, but that requires tank removal. With that level of work, I'd rather have the right part to put back in.

So my question: Does anyone know what the stock length throttle cables are for my 2014 Low Rider FXDL? It has the factory bars, so they wouldn't need to be extra long.

The OEM part numbers are 56415-06 (Idle Cable) and 56421-06 (Throttle Cable)

Ikelove (09-23-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 11:45 PM
Pianoman18
Tourer
Received 271 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by partain
Hey everyone,
I have a 2014 FXDL and need to replace both the throttle cables (the throttle and the Idle). The problem is, I don't know what length to buy.

I've looked on several places like Motion Pro, Denis Kirk, JPCycles, Low Brow customs. For the OEM part number, they all have multiple length cables.

The dealer wants to charge a stupid high amount for them but doesn't even have them in stock. They would have to order them and it would take a couple of weeks. I assume they would be the correct length. But I'd rather just buy them at one of those places mentioned about if I knew the right length to buy.

The only way I would know for sure the right length is to take mine off and measure them, but that requires tank removal. With that level of work, I'd rather have the right part to put back in.

So my question: Does anyone know what the stock length throttle cables are for my 2014 Low Rider FXDL? It has the factory bars, so they wouldn't need to be extra long.

The OEM part numbers are 56415-06 (Idle Cable) and 56421-06 (Throttle Cable)
https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/produ...17-blacked-out

https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/produ...dyna-2006-2017

partain (10-06-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 12:33 PM
partain
Stage III
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I saw those. I think part of the issue is that multiple length cables match the OEM part number on different sizes. Another thing is possibly the different method of measuring. Some may include the housing, elbow, and free play.

Anyway, after looking some more, I think the stock length is a housing length of 29.5 for both of those parts.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider