Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 06:24 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,677 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Originally Posted by rdunnill
I traded in my 2012 FXDC for a 2014 FXDL yesterday. I'm curious what I'll be getting for mileage; the FXDC was about 40 to the gallon on the highway.

I get around 40-42 riding double, am a bit heavy on the right wrist. so far stock with FL-VIEDs.

The following users liked this post:
rdunnill (07-03-2017)
Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rdunnill
I traded in my 2012 FXDC for a 2014 FXDL yesterday. I'm curious what I'll be getting for mileage; the FXDC was about 40 to the gallon on the highway.

Stage one and working on tune. 40-43 mostly in town speeds range 35-60. ... 10-15% eth at altitude. Mileage improved since new - hope that continues.

Last edited by rednred; 11-11-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:52 AM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Giveitfullthrottle
what brake line did you go with?
When I get home tonight I will look up the HD part # I used.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by giveitfullthrottle
what brake line did you go with?
hd #41800048

Old 11-12-2014, 11:44 AM
reedyjm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip-on

I picked up a 2014 Low Rider at the end of the summer. Now that the riding season is over up here, it is time for a stage 1. However, I really don't want a loud exhaust. I am thinking of Fuel Moto micro tuner, AC, and a slip on. I like the Nightstick, Thundercone, or Cycle Shack slip ons. I can't find anyone that has actually put the Thundercone or Cycle Shack on their bike.

Anybody have experience with these? Also, is it reasonable to expect a noticeable power gain with the stock header pipe including the cat?

Old 11-12-2014, 01:20 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

This person tried CS.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...low-rider.html

Also some discussion here. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...r-options.html

Here's my journey (so far).
Wanted more sound and wanted to go stage 1 so:

Installed used SE AC from user here - happy except will re-route crankcase breather tubes.

purchased used-but-not-used SE super tuner from local person. They had purchased it but then sold bike so it was still in sealed box. Have been very happy with that purchase as I can do smart-tune sessions for anything I do with exhaust - and more.

Exhaust is on-going. In pursuit of 'the sound' I slotted the back end of the muffler and that did a lot. Was happy at first but then wanted a bit more so pulled the baffle. The result was ok but not to my liking. Found a local bassanni slip-on from switchback for good price so got it. Don't like length but sound is actually pretty nice - still not quite right though. Over winter I'm going to play with gutted stock muffler a bit. I think first try will be wrapped 3" baffle 'tube' capped with rinehart tip (from ebay) and a bolt across end. The rinehart idea came from a thread on a switchback forum -- 4" rinehart tips fit nicely in stock muffler. This configuration is based on the bassanni I have that is 2 1/2 with bar across the opening in back of muffler. Hoping it gives enough/right sound without robbing low-end torque. Will have to see. Have considered de-catting but want to play more with mostly stock-looking muffler first.

Tuner helped everything -- great heat reduction and some with surging it had at constant speeds. Hoping to get the surging fully sorted out with future tuning - just can't right now because of snow and 3 degree temps Didn't dyno before/after stage 1 and butt-dyno is not very discriminating so can't comment on performance but at least haven't noticed anything negative about it.

Good luck with your search!! fwiw - I do love the bike !!

Originally Posted by reedyjm
Anybody have experience with these? Also, is it reasonable to expect a noticeable power gain with the stock header pipe including the cat?

Last edited by rednred; 11-12-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 PM
rdunnill
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I rode mine home today. It is whisky/black two-tone and has ABS brakes, plus HD detachable saddlebags.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:12 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

reedyjm.....welcome to the site and LR ownership.

I can give you feedback on the SE Nightstick slip-on. When I first installed it it was far too quiet for me even though I no longer care for excessively loud exhaust these days. What I ended up with is a 5 disk stack with the stainless steel Supertrapp end cap. Nice tone and sound level at idle and under cruise conditions and a nice deep bark when you open up the throttle.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Post a pic of your bike, rdunnill, when you get a chance.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:08 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

What's the top speed of your Low Rider?

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider