Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 01:05 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,897 Likes on 4,010 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220
While we are talking tires can anyone point me in the direction of which 180s will fit on the factory rim? I know I've read it somewhere here but can't seem to find the thread on it. I think it's only 3 or 4 brands recommended to run on the stock rim width.

Went to Smokin Harley in winston salem this weekend and although they had almost no prices on any of their bikes I was shocked at the prices on the ones I did see. The one that stood out was a 2019 CVO Ultra for $42,000. I was thinking it was a tad high for a 3 year old bike but then I saw the mileage. 43,000 miles!! I was browsing online later that day and came across the same bike at another dealer same year and color for $39,000, that one only had 2,300 miles on it. Smokin Harley is definitely smoking something.
Cannot help you on the 180 rear tire question as I have never even considered doing that. As for the 2019 CVO with 43,000 miles and the $42K price tag, just wow! Smokin' HD will need a customer who is on crack and has fat pockets. That is a rare combination.

Old 03-07-2022, 03:19 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Cannot help you on the 180 rear tire question as I have never even considered doing that. As for the 2019 CVO with 43,000 miles and the $42K price tag, just wow! Smokin' HD will need a customer who is on crack and has fat pockets. That is a rare combination.
I don't know how they stay in business, looking at their online inventory tells you their bikes are overpriced. Back when I bought my first sportster my buddy liked it so much he bought one just like it although a different color. I bought mine from Tilley HD and he bought his from Smokin HD a few months later. I put nothing down and financed it for 5 years, he put $1000 down and financed it for 6 years, his payment was still like 60 bucks a month higher than mine. To be fair his credit was a little shakey but damn they got one over on him. Nothing wrong with a dealer making a profit but their prices and tactics have always seemed shady. Pretty sure a lot of their bikes are repos and theft recoveries as well.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:15 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't know how they stay in business, looking at their online inventory tells you their bikes are overpriced. Back when I bought my first sportster my buddy liked it so much he bought one just like it although a different color. I bought mine from Tilley HD and he bought his from Smokin HD a few months later. I put nothing down and financed it for 5 years, he put $1000 down and financed it for 6 years, his payment was still like 60 bucks a month higher than mine. To be fair his credit was a little shakey but damn they got one over on him. Nothing wrong with a dealer making a profit but their prices and tactics have always seemed shady. Pretty sure a lot of their bikes are repos and theft recoveries as well.
Sounds like a very shady dealer. Smokin HD will not only sell you an overpriced bike but they will also smoke your wallet as well.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:36 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Sounds like a very shady dealer. Smokin HD will not only sell you an overpriced bike but they will also smoke your wallet as well.
Hard to find good dealers nowadays. I bought both of my Harleys from Tilley HD in salisbury NC and had exceptional experiences both times, as did my dad. Unfortunately the owner was killed was in a motorcycle accident several years ago and things seemed to have changed. They closed their salisbury location and although I haven't dealt with sales at their other location it hasn't ever felt the same. Might be traveling some for my next bike purchase.

Old 03-08-2022, 10:18 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Hard to find good dealers nowadays. I bought both of my Harleys from Tilley HD in salisbury NC and had exceptional experiences both times, as did my dad. Unfortunately the owner was killed was in a motorcycle accident several years ago and things seemed to have changed. They closed their salisbury location and although I haven't dealt with sales at their other location it hasn't ever felt the same. Might be traveling some for my next bike purchase.
Never a good thing when a good dealer goes under or changes. Where I live in Northern IL there are a ton of HD dealers. If I needed a new HD I would do what I did when I bought my LR in 2015. Call a bunch and ask for their best OTD price. I have no trade and need no financing. Makes buying a lot easier.

Old 03-08-2022, 11:09 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

I managed to get a short 44 mile ride in on Sat (3-5). First ride of 2022. I cannot wait to start putting the $5.00 a gallon gas in my bike. Should be some good stuff.
Yep, that $5 gas must be MUCH better than the $3 gas...

Old 03-09-2022, 11:21 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Yep, that $5 gas must be MUCH better than the $3 gas...
I will be using my LR for a lot of commuting in the upcoming months. With gas hitting $5 a gallon I want to squeeze all the MPG I can. I have consistently gotten 45-47 MPG while commuting.

Old 03-10-2022, 04:12 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Got appointment all set up for next Tues to get my new tires installed. Also getting a new horn installed.

Old 03-11-2022, 06:46 AM
Cancun
Advanced
Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
Default FXDL ac vs SE ac

Good morning guys,

I just needed to post this to put the debate in my head done.

Is the ac that I have on my FXDL the same as the SE Ventilator? If so, can I just swap over to a K&N element and have a "stage 1" AC?

Pics for comparison:

Old 03-11-2022, 07:10 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by Cancun
Good morning guys,

I just needed to post this to put the debate in my head done.

Is the ac that I have on my FXDL the same as the SE Ventilator? If so, can I just swap over to a K&N element and have a "stage 1" AC?
Yes, that's a Ventilator, I have the same on mine. I replaced the filter with K&N HD-910. Remember though, if you do this you'll need a tuner (or dyno tune) on your bike if you don't have one already.

The following users liked this post:
Cancun (03-11-2022)

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider