Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 11:01 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Sorry to hear that.

How many miles did you put on it?

You were one of the first here to get one and one of the first to join in this thread.

Any particular reason for moving on to a trike?
bad hips making holding the bike up and effort. Dang old age.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:54 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by pab3rd
bad hips making holding the bike up and effort. Dang old age.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you enjoy your new trike.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:32 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Today

The following 4 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
98hotrodfatboy (10-25-2021), Graham UK (10-26-2021), Ikelove (10-26-2021), shodown220 (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 10:44 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Today
That blue color is still one of best colors ever for the LR.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:58 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

That blue color is still one of best colors ever for the LR.
agreed, wish they would have offered it in 14 when I bought mine. I’ve owned more blue cars than anything but no blue motorcycle yet

Old 10-29-2021, 12:05 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by shodown220
agreed, wish they would have offered it in 14 when I bought mine. I’ve owned more blue cars than anything but no blue motorcycle yet
I tried getting a LR in Jade Green or Amber Whiskey back in 2015, My dealer tried locating one in the HD warehouse with no luck on either color. He found a few at other dealers who were asking more than I was willing to pay plus I would have had to pay for transport to my dealership. I ended up taking the Vivid Black one that they had coming in. If HD would have allowed me I would have shelled out for one in Voodoo Purple (which was a color for the 2014 Street Bob):

I would have been willing to pay extra for that!

Old 10-30-2021, 08:46 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

I tried getting a LR in Jade Green or Amber Whiskey back in 2015, My dealer tried locating one in the HD warehouse with no luck on either color. He found a few at other dealers who were asking more than I was willing to pay plus I would have had to pay for transport to my dealership. I ended up taking the Vivid Black one that they had coming in. If HD would have allowed me I would have shelled out for one in Voodoo Purple (which was a color for the 2014 Street Bob):

I would have been willing to pay extra for that!
I absolutely would have paid extra for that color too. Back when I had my candy orange Iron 883 my buddy liked it so much he wanted to buy one too. He told me he found a purple one and he had to have it. I thought he was crazy buying a purple bike but when I saw it I realized that was one of my favorite colors I'd ever seen on any vehicle. Stunning to see in person. I really wish Harley would bring back those hard candy colors, they were amazing, the cancun blue is another favorite. I think the MOCO has been a little slack on the colors lately, only ones I've seen recently that I really liked were the zephyer blue and that burnt orange color.

Back on topic I think the black on the LR fits the throwback styling of the bike, looks great, but my next bike will be a brighter color with some pearl or flake in the paint that pops in the sun.

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 09:34 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

It was spring 2018, I was going through life content with my Sportster, but in the back of my mind there was the thought to get a Low Rider one day. I met a friend at a dealership one Sat because he was trading in for a Street Glide. By the time I got home that night, all his new bike euphoria had infected me, so I started browsing the used inventory of dealers all around me.

That night I see a dealership 20 min from my job has a Superior Blue '14 LR. I almost crap my pants. Mind you, I was in no way ready for this ($$), but I knew if I missed this bike I would regret it. I called about it the next day, and they said someone put a deposit on it, but come on down, we have a Cosmic Pearl Blue. The CP Blue looked more like green out in the sunshine, and it was a '16, so even more $$. I took it for a ride, but it wasn't what I wanted. So, back to work I went. partly relieved because I wasn't going to have to figure out how to pay for a new bike.

The next day I get a call back...the Superior Blue is available. I almost crap my pants for the second time. I go down again on my lunch break and this is what I see...

Um, HECK YEAH! Fortunately I picked up some side work that summer and I got it paid off by the end of the year. I love this bike. 😍

The following 3 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
98hotrodfatboy (10-30-2021), Graham UK (10-30-2021), Ikelove (10-30-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 06:24 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
It was spring 2018, I was going through life content with my Sportster, but in the back of my mind there was the thought to get a Low Rider one day. I met a friend at a dealership one Sat because he was trading in for a Street Glide. By the time I got home that night, all his new bike euphoria had infected me, so I started browsing the used inventory of dealers all around me.

That night I see a dealership 20 min from my job has a Superior Blue '14 LR. I almost crap my pants. Mind you, I was in no way ready for this ($$), but I knew if I missed this bike I would regret it. I called about it the next day, and they said someone put a deposit on it, but come on down, we have a Cosmic Pearl Blue. The CP Blue looked more like green out in the sunshine, and it was a '16, so even more $$. I took it for a ride, but it wasn't what I wanted. So, back to work I went. partly relieved because I wasn't going to have to figure out how to pay for a new bike.

The next day I get a call back...the Superior Blue is available. I almost crap my pants for the second time. I go down again on my lunch break and this is what I see...
https://youtu.be/xvISXaTzl6I

Um, HECK YEAH! Fortunately I picked up some side work that summer and I got it paid off by the end of the year. I love this bike. 😍
Great story behind your LR. When I was at my HD dealer back in 2015 I was there to buy a 2015 Silver and Black one but unknown to me or my salesman someone got there about 45 minutes before I did and was with another salesman completing a sale.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Rode Mon a little bit. Will be riding tomorrow and Sun. I hope to get in another 500 miles this month before winter comes.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider