Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 10:52 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Nice! The weather the last few days has been glorious in NE PA.
Wish I could say the same. Looks like I might be able to ride Fri.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:33 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts
Thumbs up

For troubleshooting purposes, can you remove everything else from the battery and attach only the battery tender pigtail? It's been a while since I did one of those, are the connectors color coded red/black? If they were reversed...that's the only thing I can think of.
I think I got it figured out...I think that the battery tender cable was not hooked up properly...I'll know for sure in a little bit...appears to be charging now...
IT'S FIXED!!!

Last edited by ucbruce; 07-28-2021 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:25 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by ucbruce
I think I got it figured out...I think that the battery tender cable was not hooked up properly...I'll know for sure in a little bit...appears to be charging now...
IT'S FIXED!!!
Great!!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:04 AM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 871 Likes on 618 Posts

Yeah, isn't blinking red indication you've reversed the polarity?

Old 07-30-2021, 03:29 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
Yeah, isn't blinking red indication you've reversed the polarity?
Blinking red is that the unit it functioning properly or VERY low charge. It's what you get when you disconnect the tender, for example. Blinking green is 80%+ charge and solid green is charged....

The following users liked this post:
Graham UK (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 02:36 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

For almost 2 months and 1,200 miles I have been chasing down a vibration on my bike. I've checked so many things on this bike, and it's gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy riding it anymore. Really discouraging.

Lately I kept coming back to "occam's razor" that the simplest explanation is usually the best one. The trouble started shortly after I put a new Michelin Commander III cruiser tire on the front. So I decided it's got to be the tire. I found a thread last week of a number of people complaining about vibration with this exact tire. Bingo. So I called a local shop and asked if they'd mount and balance a new tire for me, and he said, "Yes, but we don't use wheel weights, we used Dynabeads." I hung up the phone and stared at the weights on the front wheel.

OK, next thing to try! I added Ride-On sealant and balancer and removed the weights. Then went out for yet another test ride, fully prepared to be disappointed again. Well son of a gun! 55 miles and MY BIKE IS BACK!!

It seems so simple now, but I never imagined that was the issue because it only vibrated on decel. Cruising and accelerating at speed was never an issue. But this is probably because most of the weight is on the rear. Braking and slowing down transfers all the weight to the front tire, and that's when it would make the whole bike vibrate.

So, note to self - no more wheel weights, ever. Ride-On for the win!

The following 2 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
Graham UK (08-01-2021), Ikelove (08-03-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 01:29 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

It seems so simple now, but I never imagined that was the issue because it only vibrated on decel. Cruising and accelerating at speed was never an issue. But this is probably because most of the weight is on the rear. Braking and slowing down transfers all the weight to the front tire, and that's when it would make the whole bike vibrate.
What a great outcome! I'll keep your experience in mind in case weights ever stop working for me; and your comment about weight transfer helps me understand why I had vibration under decel when my head bearing was on the way out. Enjoy the road ahead!

Old 08-01-2021, 05:30 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

For almost 2 months and 1,200 miles I have been chasing down a vibration on my bike. I've checked so many things on this bike, and it's gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy riding it anymore. Really discouraging.

Lately I kept coming back to "occam's razor" that the simplest explanation is usually the best one. The trouble started shortly after I put a new Michelin Commander III cruiser tire on the front. So I decided it's got to be the tire. I found a thread last week of a number of people complaining about vibration with this exact tire. Bingo. So I called a local shop and asked if they'd mount and balance a new tire for me, and he said, "Yes, but we don't use wheel weights, we used Dynabeads." I hung up the phone and stared at the weights on the front wheel.

OK, next thing to try! I added Ride-On sealant and balancer and removed the weights. Then went out for yet another test ride, fully prepared to be disappointed again. Well son of a gun! 55 miles and MY BIKE IS BACK!!

good to hear, they did dyna beads when I did my front tire and I’ve been pleased with them. No issues than I can tell and no ugly weights on my wheel

Old 08-02-2021, 12:27 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Graham UK
Yesterday the forecast for rain was cancelled and we managed over 7 hours of glorious riding to Yorkshire and back through the Peak District; over 300 miles and a day to remember.

That area looks like something you would see on a postcard. Nice.

The following users liked this post:
Graham UK (08-15-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks for this really good info. I have been experiencing the same thing.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider