Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 06:31 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Ride one today was 60 miles. Ride two tomorrow will be at least that much if not a little more. Closing in on 39K.
How's the weather up there this week? Looking good here for my day off wednesday but I won't have much time to ride more than 50-60 miles probably. I skipped riding to work this past saturday as there was 80% chance of storms, ended up being bright and sunny with 0 rain go figure.

Old 05-31-2021, 02:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,884 Likes on 4,005 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220
How's the weather up there this week? Looking good here for my day off wednesday but I won't have much time to ride more than 50-60 miles probably. I skipped riding to work this past saturday as there was 80% chance of storms, ended up being bright and sunny with 0 rain go figure.
Weather was good Sat and Sun. I got out again on Sun and did 140 miles, which for me is a lot. I rarely go over 100 miles on a ride. Rest of the upcoming weeks looks good. I anticipate hitting 40K soon.

When it comes to rain, best to error on the side of caution.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:06 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior

Weather was good Sat and Sun. I got out again on Sun and did 140 miles, which for me is a lot. I rarely go over 100 miles on a ride. Rest of the upcoming weeks looks good. I anticipate hitting 40K soon.

When it comes to rain, best to error on the side of caution.
You may do less miles than me in a day but you are certainly getting out more frequently lol. I think I am around 22-23k on mine purchased new june 2014.

Old 06-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

You may do less miles than me in a day but you are certainly getting out more frequently lol. I think I am around 22-23k on mine purchased new june 2014.
Been able to ride more since I retired and started collecting my pension. But I plan to pick some kind of job up just to keep me busy. A little young right now for full retirement.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:43 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior

Had to run into work for about an hour yesterday and wanted to ride anyways so just went the long backroads way to work and back, got in about 70 miles. Should be able to ride in this saturday morning as well.

On a side note I'm under contract to buy a house in the next few weeks and will not have a garage anymore to keep the low rider in. It's going to my parents garage for a little while until I get something to store it in at the new house. Anyone using a storage shed/building to house their bikes? Any tips on what to buy to keep it in the best shape inside there without condensation and whatnot?

Old 06-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Anyone using a storage shed/building to house their bikes? Any tips on what to buy to keep it in the best shape inside there without condensation and whatnot?
A friend of mine keeps his HD in a shed in the back yard, there's no electricity there, but he found a solar panel type thing which he hangs outside and it powers the battery tender. I don't think it was too expensive.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:22 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

On a side note I'm under contract to buy a house in the next few weeks and will not have a garage anymore to keep the low rider in. It's going to my parents garage for a little while until I get something to store it in at the new house. Anyone using a storage shed/building to house their bikes? Any tips on what to buy to keep it in the best shape inside there without condensation and whatnot?
The house you are buying does not have a garage or it has a garage too small to keep the LR in?

I have always had garages for my cars and bikes, so I do not have any advice or experience when it comes to alternative ways to store a bike.

I do not see why a small shed would not work fine. It will provide shelter and keep fools from trying anything.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:46 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior

The house you are buying does not have a garage or it has a garage too small to keep the LR in?

I have always had garages for my cars and bikes, so I do not have any advice or experience when it comes to alternative ways to store a bike.

I do not see why a small shed would not work fine. It will provide shelter and keep fools from trying anything.
it does not have a garage at all unfortunately. The building/shed will be more about protection from the elements than theft. The house is out in the middle of nowhere, someone would really have to go out of their way to find the house or motorcycle.

that’s not to say it couldn’t or wouldn’t be stolen so I do want it locked up, just that compared to my previous address in the city the chance of a random theft is much lower.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:44 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

it does not have a garage at all unfortunately. The building/shed will be more about protection from the elements than theft. The house is out in the middle of nowhere, someone would really have to go out of their way to find the house or motorcycle.

that’s not to say it couldn’t or wouldn’t be stolen so I do want it locked up, just that compared to my previous address in the city the chance of a random theft is much lower.
The big thing is keeping your LR out of the elements. A simple shed will provide as much protection from the weather as a garage.

Old 06-05-2021, 03:20 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Been able to ride more since I retired and started collecting my pension. But I plan to pick some kind of job up just to keep me busy. A little young right now for full retirement.
I'm in the same boat, except my part-time retirement job isn't to keep me busy but to provide healthcare for my wife and I. I still have a backlog of honey-dos and assorted projects to keep me busy for the rest of my days. The Lowrider is my everyday commuter ride to work now.

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (06-05-2021)

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider