Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 12:17 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,897 Likes on 4,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Can you post a pic? I use a small hose clamp for my filter.
Will do.

Old 05-11-2021, 01:44 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Who has changed their bars and what did you go with? After doing demo rides I realized how much I dislike the stock handlebars. Thinking some kind of apes or z-bars. I have seen very few t-bar setups that don't make me throw up in my mouth. But I'm looking for comfort so I'm keeping all options open.

The following 2 users liked this post by shodown220:
bigal51 (05-15-2021), Pianoman18 (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 11:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by shodown220
Who has changed their bars and what did you go with? After doing demo rides I realized how much I dislike the stock handlebars. Thinking some kind of apes or z-bars. I have seen very few t-bar setups that don't make me throw up in my mouth. But I'm looking for comfort so I'm keeping all options open.
I am still using the stock bars my bike came with. Perfect for me.

The following users liked this post:
Bluesrider.df (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 01:54 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

When I first got my 2015 FXDL I felt that the bars were a bit too low and a bit too far forward. I would even suffer from some neck/shoulder ache after a long ride. Rolling back the bars as far as possible without hitting the tank (while being careful to not damage the internal wiring in the bars) brought the bars slightly closer and eased the situation. After a few weeks, I'd adjusted to the bike: I no longer feel that the bars are in the wrong place and I no longer get neck or shoulder ache. I've found that adjusting to any new vehicle takes a while, and this bike was no exception. I've even found that the triangular posture created by the bars, the seat, and (in my case) forward controls, enables me to shift around during a long ride, which helps prevent discomfort. By pushing on the pegs, I can push myself back against the step in the stock seat, and so lift myself off it a little; I can even pull myself up a little on the pegs using the bars when going over bumps in the road. Obviously, a lot depends on body shape, but personally I wouldn't rush to make expensive changes until I'd ridden a few thousand miles at least.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:36 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham UK
When I first got my 2015 FXDL I felt that the bars were a bit too low and a bit too far forward. I would even suffer from some neck/shoulder ache after a long ride. Rolling back the bars as far as possible without hitting the tank (while being careful to not damage the internal wiring in the bars) brought the bars slightly closer and eased the situation. After a few weeks, I'd adjusted to the bike: I no longer feel that the bars are in the wrong place and I no longer get neck or shoulder ache. I've found that adjusting to any new vehicle takes a while, and this bike was no exception. I've even found that the triangular posture created by the bars, the seat, and (in my case) forward controls, enables me to shift around during a long ride, which helps prevent discomfort. By pushing on the pegs, I can push myself back against the step in the stock seat, and so lift myself off it a little; I can even pull myself up a little on the pegs using the bars when going over bumps in the road. Obviously, a lot depends on body shape, but personally I wouldn't rush to make expensive changes until I'd ridden a few thousand miles at least.
thanks for the info, I bought mine new 7 years and 25k miles ago so I’ve got plenty of time on the stock bar setup lol. I’ve got mine adjusted height and pullback where I want it but I’ve just never cared for the complicated look of the adjustable riser. Couple that with angle the bars put my wrist and the overall width of the bars compared to some of the other bikes I demoed, namely the heritage softail, and I found getting back on mine just didn’t feel as nice.

Graham UK (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 09:37 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

thanks for the info, I bought mine new 7 years and 25k miles ago so I’ve got plenty of time on the stock bar setup lol. I’ve got mine adjusted height and pullback where I want it but I’ve just never cared for the complicated look of the adjustable riser. Couple that with angle the bars put my wrist and the overall width of the bars compared to some of the other bikes I demoed, namely the heritage softail, and I found getting back on mine just didn’t feel as nice.
I apologise for not registering that you are a veteran FXDL owner; my bad!

Old 05-13-2021, 12:34 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham UK
After I bought my pre-owned 2015 LR, one of the first thing I did was adjust the bars to fit me. I like the fact that the bars are highly adjustable and work just great. If someone want to add mini apes or a high riser, go for it, but I do a lot of mountain riding and the stock bars are just fine...

Graham UK (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 11:22 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Have not rode for 10 days. Heading out to IL SOS to get my new plate sticker tomorrow.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:19 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Hitting a Demo Day tomorrow. Only two bikes I care to ride are the Low Rider S and the Street Bob 114. Anything else I should try?

Old 05-14-2021, 09:22 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

The Pan America!

Graham UK (05-15-2021)

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider