Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 06:08 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
so you settled.. Too bad I never would've....
Would you have shelled out $500 to have a LR with a different color shipped to you? My dealer gave me a great price on my bike and I used that $500 towards my Stage 1. I really would have liked a different color but it just did not break my way.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:12 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Would you have shelled out $500 to have a LR with a different color shipped to you? My dealer gave me a great price on my bike and I used that $500 towards my Stage 1. I really would have liked a different color but it just did not break my way.
I actually would have, but I'm quite **** when it comes to color. But it's your bike, and if you're happy, that's what matters. 👍

Old 03-07-2021, 06:26 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,432 Likes on 3,625 Posts

Of course they gave you a great deal cuz they wanted to move stock. I would never settle... You did so don't worry about it.. I wouldn't and that's my opinion and you have yours.... And yes I would've paid a little more..

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (03-08-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Arthropraxis
Cruiser
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

I put on the forward control reduced reach kit and took the first ride with them today. It was perfect. Now my feet get to the controls without reaching and still get support from the seat, I used the drag specialties kit if anyone searches it is a quick and easy install.
I have not ridden a bike in about 17 years and then it was sport bikes, on a race track or mountain roads. I am enjoying the more relaxed attitude. My wife has been riding with me and it is so much easier to ride a passenger on this bike vs a sport bike. I can hardly tell she is back there once we are moving. I still have fun in the turns, just different.
I took the bike by my Parents house, My Dad loved it, he has always wanted a Harley.

Ikelove (03-08-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 08:42 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Arthropraxis
I put on the forward control reduced reach kit and took the first ride with them today. It was perfect. Now my feet get to the controls without reaching and still get support from the seat, I used the drag specialties kit if anyone searches it is a quick and easy install.
I have not ridden a bike in about 17 years and then it was sport bikes, on a race track or mountain roads. I am enjoying the more relaxed attitude. My wife has been riding with me and it is so much easier to ride a passenger on this bike vs a sport bike. I can hardly tell she is back there once we are moving. I still have fun in the turns, just different.
I took the bike by my Parents house, My Dad loved it, he has always wanted a Harley.
That's awesome! I did the reduced reach kit last spring was the best mod I've ever done to the bike.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:07 PM
Arthropraxis
Cruiser
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
That's awesome! I did the reduced reach kit last spring was the best mod I've ever done to the bike.
The best part is my Wife is into it. She really enjoyed the ride today. My BIL talked me into getting a bike as he has a Dyna Fat Bob and wanted someone he can trust to ride and go on trips with. I think he is the happiest person in this scenario.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:57 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I actually would have, but I'm quite **** when it comes to color. But it's your bike, and if you're happy, that's what matters. 👍
I forgot to mention that since the Jade Green was coming from another dealer I was not getting any price reduction. I would have had to pay another $1500 or so for the bike plus $500 for shipping. With the money I saved, I paid for my PV2, V&H pipes, DK Customs Intake, Bung King brackets, and HD 1/4 Fairing. Plus my dealer agreed to install all these items on the black bike I bought from them.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:41 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

I forgot to mention that since the Jade Green was coming from another dealer I was not getting any price reduction. I would have had to pay another $1500 or so for the bike plus $500 for shipping. With the money I saved, I paid for my PV2, V&H pipes, DK Customs Intake, Bung King brackets, and HD 1/4 Fairing. Plus my dealer agreed to install all these items on the black bike I bought from them.
Ouch, that is quite a premium.

Ikelove (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 12:08 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Arthropraxis
Did he want to ride your LR?

Old 03-08-2021, 12:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Ouch, that is quite a premium.
If it was just the $500 shipping I would have done it. But the fact that the dealer who had the Jade Green wanted more than MSRP and was not budging (no doubt due the rarity of the color). My dealer was a good $1000 under MSRP on my bike. At the end of the day, I just was not willing to shell out that kind of money for a different color. If I had my choice, I would liked to have that purple color that was offered on the 2016.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider