Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 05:58 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,897 Likes on 4,010 Posts

Originally Posted by ucbruce
When was the ignition switch recall and what year models did it encompass? I have a 2015 I bought over 3 years ago and don't know about this...
I thought it was for the early LRs. 14-15s. The dealer did mine before I ever took delivery.

Old 08-22-2020, 10:55 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Finally get some nice weather and my bike is out of commission. Hope everyone is out riding. I think I am going to get a second bike. I always wanted a second bike but have never had more than one at a time.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:48 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Finally get some nice weather and my bike is out of commission. Hope everyone is out riding. I think I am going to get a second bike. I always wanted a second bike but have never had more than one at a time.
I went out for a few hours to try out the new seat (Mustang Regal Duke) and I have to say I am very pleased. My only real dislike are the Vance and Hines pipes. They are very nice looking pipes but just too loud for my tastes. I think next year I will go to a 2 into 1 or maybe even go back to stock.

Old 08-22-2020, 01:36 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
I went out for a few hours to try out the new seat (Mustang Regal Duke) and I have to say I am very pleased. My only real dislike are the Vance and Hines pipes. They are very nice looking pipes but just too loud for my tastes. I think next year I will go to a 2 into 1 or maybe even go back to stock.

We got the same pipes. I spent a lot of time listening to the various exhausts before I bought mine. I like the sound. I have set off some car alarms coming in and out of my neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:52 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_Compact

I love the Big Shots Staggered. That's what I had on my '06 LR and used to get compliments on the sound all the time. They are a little loud though. I have a Cobra exhaust on my 2015 LR and it has a great sound, great look and great tune...I just don't like the way the exhaust interferes with the brake pedal...

Old 08-24-2020, 04:45 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Looks like I'm grounded for a bit. The main road at the entrance of my community was just oil & chipped for about 4 miles in each direction. The only way out is to ride on that, which I don't plan to do. The road gets a good bit of traffic every day which should help pack it down, but there will be a lot of loose stone out there for a while. Quite peeved about this! PA jacked our gas taxes a couple years ago to pay for road improvements, they said, but now they're cheaping out and not even using asphalt.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:35 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Looks like I'm grounded for a bit. The main road at the entrance of my community was just oil & chipped for about 4 miles in each direction. The only way out is to ride on that, which I don't plan to do. The road gets a good bit of traffic every day which should help pack it down, but there will be a lot of loose stone out there for a while. Quite peeved about this! PA jacked our gas taxes a couple years ago to pay for road improvements, they said, but now they're cheaping out and not even using asphalt.
A bunch of roads near my home have also been recently oiled and chipped. I still have a few roads in and out of my subdivision that I can use. I hate those kinds of roads.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
I love the Big Shots Staggered. That's what I had on my '06 LR and used to get compliments on the sound all the time. They are a little loud though.
Same here. Been at gas stations and stop lights when I got compliments on my LR. No doubt the sweet sound is what caught the attention of those giving the compliments.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:39 PM
Burkejt18
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended cables for higher bars?

So I’ve had my 2014 FXDL for about 3 months now and I just want my bars higher. The main issue is if I want to change my risers I have to get a new headlight assembly. Besides that, does anyone know how high of a handlebar you can go with stock wires/cables? Any experience/advice whether to go with stock risers and taller bars or get fixed bars without risers (T bars)? Thanks

Old 08-25-2020, 03:23 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

If the weather holds I am planning a 8 hour ride to the mountains thursday. Haven't been able to ride up there since last year and I'm damn sure looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider