Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 10:25 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
The bike was delivered about an hour ago.

Went for a quick 10 mile ride. Feels great to be back on a Dyna after two Geezer Glides. Need to get used to forward controls again.

I have a windshield I bought from a forum member. I didn't have it on for the first ride and I forgot how noisy it can be with the wind.

A few observations. V&H are very loud, at least to my ears, but my last bike was stock.

I am getting allot of popping on decel which I assume is a result of the HD Stage1 download. May rectify that next spring.

I need to adjust the height of the shift lever. It seems a little too high.

I set the security Pin.

I need to see about rerouting or securing the Battery Tender pigtail. Right now it is falling onto the hot engine, exhaust.

If anyone is looking for a nice used bike check out Neal Ketterman in NC. He was very easy to work with and I think his pricing was more than fair.
Nice bike! My battery tender cable is on the left side...no issues...

Old 08-04-2020, 10:27 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Nice bike! My battery tender cable is on the left side...no issues...
I had the V&H Big Shots Staggered on my '06 LR. A little loud but they sound great and I used to get compliments all the time...

Old 08-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

I have a windshield I bought from a forum member. I didn't have it on for the first ride and I forgot how noisy it can be with the wind.

A few observations. V&H are very loud, at least to my ears, but my last bike was stock.
I hope you wear earplugs. Wind noise can be 100db, not to mention the exhaust.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:55 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

I am getting allot of popping on decel which I assume is a result of the HD Stage1 download. May rectify that next spring.
I had exhaust leaks at the ports, which can cause this. I replaced the gaskets and retuned, and it improved some. If I'm really aggressive with mine I will get some popping, but it doesn't happen much. Some say that popping can be completely tuned out, and others say you will always have some with exhausts like ours.
I'm happy with mine and didn't feel like going any further with it.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,897 Likes on 4,010 Posts

The bike was delivered about an hour ago.

Went for a quick 10 mile ride. Feels great to be back on a Dyna after two Geezer Glides. Need to get used to forward controls again.

I need to adjust the height of the shift lever. It seems a little too high.

I set the security Pin.

I need to see about rerouting or securing the Battery Tender pigtail. Right now it is falling onto the hot engine, exhaust.

If anyone is looking for a nice used bike check out Neal Ketterman in NC. He was very easy to work with and I think his pricing was more than fair.
What a beauty. You are going to love your LR. I am about to hit 35K on mine. Have enjoyed every mile. As for the pop on decel, do you know if your ECU has been reflashed?

Last edited by Ikelove; 08-04-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:24 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

Loud popping can be exhaust ports and you need to check the nuts on your exhaust flanges and make sure they are tight, but you will have that popping all time and you can burn a cylinder if not corrected. I get occasional popping on decel, but that is un-burned fuel getting into the exhaust and the noise you hear is the gas "popping" as it ignites in the exhaust. My air/fuel ratio is as good as you can get...lines almost identical. One of the straightest air/fuel mixtures I've ever seen. If you have a lot of popping on decel, your bike may be set up too "rich", too much gas, not enough air...a little, or occasional popping on decel, is normal...

Old 08-05-2020, 10:25 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I had exhaust leaks at the ports, which can cause this. I replaced the gaskets and retuned, and it improved some. If I'm really aggressive with mine I will get some popping, but it doesn't happen much. Some say that popping can be completely tuned out, and others say you will always have some with exhausts like ours.
I'm happy with mine and didn't feel like going any further with it.
Occasional popping is normal...just un-burned fuel on deceleration...

Old 08-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

My headlight died on me. Anyone else here have to replace their original headlight? First time I have had to replace a headlight in 40+ years of owning motorcycles.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:27 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

I've been running one of these LED's for about 4 years and is awesome.

Sunpie 5-3/4 LED headlight for Harley Sunpie 5-3/4 LED headlight for Harley

Old 08-05-2020, 11:53 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks for the advice. I think I need to get one.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider