Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 08:42 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,884 Likes on 4,005 Posts

Originally Posted by iMav
Just picked up a 2014 Lowrider (with 120r motor). It's my second FXDL (owned a 2004 for a while). Have been riding since 1982 (and have owned at least two dozen bikes...pretty much anything and everything).

Congrads on getting such a sweet LR. What is the story behind that bike? Did you get it from a dealer or private party? Any idea how it came to have that motor?

Old 08-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
Very nice looking LR. Mine arrives from NC next week.
Hopefully you get some nice weather so you can get a few long rides in. Looking forward to your updates as well as from imav. Everyone in this thread likes hearing from new LR and LR S owners.

Old 08-02-2020, 04:28 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Hopefully you get some nice weather so you can get a few long rides in. Looking forward to your updates as well as from imav. Everyone in this thread likes hearing from new LR and LR S owners.
The bike is supposed to be delivered tomorrow around 4pm (can't wait)!!! I will post pics once the bike arrives.

I live in a nice part of NYS about 100 miles north of NYC. I am about an hour from the Berkshire mountains and 2 hours from Vermont. I plan to take off next Friday and Monday and will most likely take a leisurely day ride up to Vermont, along route 22 (NY) or route 7 (Ct).

According to the the selling dealer they changed the motor oil but not the Trans and Primary fluids. I have a quart of Redline Vtwin Shockproof ordered and I plan on getting a quart of HD primary oil to change fluids. I also plan a half a day for a full cleaning detail, changing Trans and Primary fluid, spark plugs and maybe brake fluid.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:51 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,677 Likes on 2,117 Posts

that will be a fun bike to ride, have almost 56k on my 14 after 6 years, still fun to ride.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:49 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

The bike is supposed to be delivered tomorrow around 4pm (can't wait)!!! I will post pics once the bike arrives.

I live in a nice part of NYS about 100 miles north of NYC. I am about an hour from the Berkshire mountains and 2 hours from Vermont. I plan to take off next Friday and Monday and will most likely take a leisurely day ride up to Vermont, along route 22 (NY) or route 7 (Ct).

According to the the selling dealer they changed the motor oil but not the Trans and Primary fluids. I have a quart of Redline Vtwin Shockproof ordered and I plan on getting a quart of HD primary oil to change fluids. I also plan a half a day for a full cleaning detail, changing Trans and Primary fluid, spark plugs and maybe brake fluid.
Do you live in the Poughkeepsie area? I went to school around there...great riding, although you can't do it year round...

Old 08-03-2020, 12:09 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Do you live in the Poughkeepsie area? I went to school around there...great riding, although you can't do it year round...
I'm about 30 minutes east of Poughkeepsie on the Connecticut border (route 22 and Route 55). I love the area. Lots of open space, very little traffic and beautiful scenery.

I grew up in Queens, moved to Dutchess County in 1991, moved to NW Arkansas in 2007 until 2011 while the wife and kids stayed in NY. Now I work remotely from NY 100%.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:51 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Bike has been sitting for over 2 weeks, finally got a short ride in yesterday to work and back. Felt good to be riding again.

On a side note I found a 17 FXDLS at the dealer when I was at the beach, wanted $17,999 for it plus tax and fees. I've ridden one and liked it but not enough to pay over new MSRP for a bike that's almost 4 years old. Ouch

Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

The bike was delivered about an hour ago.

Went for a quick 10 mile ride. Feels great to be back on a Dyna after two Geezer Glides. Need to get used to forward controls again.

I have a windshield I bought from a forum member. I didn't have it on for the first ride and I forgot how noisy it can be with the wind.

A few observations. V&H are very loud, at least to my ears, but my last bike was stock.

I am getting allot of popping on decel which I assume is a result of the HD Stage1 download. May rectify that next spring.

I need to adjust the height of the shift lever. It seems a little too high.

I set the security Pin.

I need to see about rerouting or securing the Battery Tender pigtail. Right now it is falling onto the hot engine, exhaust.

If anyone is looking for a nice used bike check out Neal Ketterman in NC. He was very easy to work with and I think his pricing was more than fair.

The following 2 users liked this post by SC_Compact:
Graham UK (08-04-2020), Ikelove (08-04-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I plan to take off next Friday and Monday and will most likely take a leisurely day ride up to Vermont, along route 22 (NY) or route 7 (Ct). According to the the selling dealer they changed the motor oil but not the Trans and Primary fluids. I have a quart of Redline Vtwin Shockproof ordered and I plan on getting a quart of HD primary oil to change fluids. I also plan a half a day for a full cleaning detail, changing Trans and Primary fluid, spark plugs and maybe brake fluid.
Sounds like an excellent plan.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:21 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm about 30 minutes east of Poughkeepsie on the Connecticut border (route 22 and Route 55). I love the area. Lots of open space, very little traffic and beautiful scenery.

I grew up in Queens, moved to Dutchess County in 1991, moved to NW Arkansas in 2007 until 2011 while the wife and kids stayed in NY. Now I work remotely from NY 100%.
I also grew up in Brooklyn and Queens, moved to Poughkeepsie in 1970 for college and eventually wound up in the South. I have been living in North Georgia for a while now and love it. Great riding around here and you can ride year round. NW Arkansas has some great riding as well...stay safe!

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider