Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 07:40 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

For an insight into riding away from the city here in UK, here's a short video of my ride on Monday.

The following users liked this post:
rrhemi (07-19-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 12:05 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Rode in to work this morning, it poured rain last night but thankfully was dry by morning time. Pretty heavy fog though. Going to a birthday party after work. All in I should have about 100 miles in today between my trip to and from work and the party.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:36 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
I found this bike at an HD Dealer in New Hampshire.

Bike has 8500 miles, fresh fluids and a new battery. They are asking $10,999 and I offered $10k. He came back at $10,500.

I want saddlebags but these look like cheap HD vinyl bags. Will eventually replace them with a good set of leather bags. Will add a quick detach windshield and the bike should be ready for a little touring (if Covid ever goes away).

It's a 4 hour drive there and I will probably go and look tomorrow or Sunday. If I like the bike will offer $10k since it will need tires in a 4 or 5k miles.

Anyone have an idea what exhaust is on the bike?
Nice looking bike, those bags are detachable leather HD bags, my son has some for his FXDC they're good bags about $900.

Old 07-11-2020, 07:04 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Nice looking bike, those bags are detachable leather HD bags, my son has some for his FXDC they're good bags about $900.
Thanks for the info.

I had a 2005 Dyna with Boss bags and they were excellent. These looked like vinyl and I wasn't too thrilled. I hope they are leather.

I had been looking at these https://www.endscuoio.com/product/middle-dyna/ but if the bags on the bike are leather and decent quality I would keep them.

I am going to look at the bike tomorrow.

I found out the exhaust on the bike is Firebrand. Never heard of them before today.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

I found this bike at an HD Dealer in New Hampshire.

Bike has 8500 miles, fresh fluids and a new battery. They are asking $10,999 and I offered $10k. He came back at $10,500.

I want saddlebags but these look like cheap HD vinyl bags. Will eventually replace them with a good set of leather bags. Will add a quick detach windshield and the bike should be ready for a little touring (if Covid ever goes away).

It's a 4 hour drive there and I will probably go and look tomorrow or Sunday. If I like the bike will offer $10k since it will need tires in a 4 or 5k miles.

Anyone have an idea what exhaust is on the bike?
How tall or you, or more importantly, what is your inseam? This bike has forward controls. I am 6' with a 32" inseam, my bike had forwards, and even with the lumbar pad installed, the pegs were still too far out to be comfortable. I ended up installing a reduced reach forward control conversion kit which cost just under $200. I am finally comfortable.
Because of things like this I would never buy a bike sight unseen or without riding it.
I hope things work out for you.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Today was re-oil the filter day. And I managed to get in a nice ride between storms.
Blue looks so good with the chrome.

Bluesrider.df (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 09:20 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
How tall or you, or more importantly, what is your inseam? This bike has forward controls. I am 6' with a 32" inseam, my bike had forwards, and even with the lumbar pad installed, the pegs were still too far out to be comfortable. I ended up installing a reduced reach forward control conversion kit which cost just under $200. I am finally comfortable.
Because of things like this I would never buy a bike sight unseen or without riding it.
I hope things work out for you.
Thanks for the heads up.

I am also 6' with 32" inseam. If I have a problem I will definitely look into the reduced reach kit, thanks.

I had a 2005 Dyna with forward controls and it fit me perfectly. I put 45,000 miles on that bike in 4 years. As a matter of fact I traded the Dyna for a 2009 Street Glide which I then sold and bought a 2009 Road King. I always regretted selling my Dyna.

I can't wait to get back into a Dyna.

I will be test riding the bike tomorrow weather permitting.

Ikelove (07-12-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

I am also 6' with 32" inseam. If I have a problem I will definitely look into the reduced reach kit, thanks.

I had a 2005 Dyna with forward controls and it fit me perfectly. I put 45,000 miles on that bike in 4 years. As a matter of fact I traded the Dyna for a 2009 Street Glide which I then sold and bought a 2009 Road King. I always regretted selling my Dyna.

I can't wait to get back into a Dyna.

It's great bike, I think you're gonna buy it. 😉 You can find the lumbar pad on eBay for about $30-40.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:39 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Looking forward to your report.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:59 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Looking forward to your report.
The Amber Whiskey and black is stunning.

The Good
The bike was spotless. Not sure who detailed it but spotless. The mags were spotless, even the underside of the bike was spotless. Not a trace of dirt or oil.

The Bad
The tires looked like they were pretty well worn and the HD saddlebags were vinyl (garbage). I offered $10k but he wouldn't budge from $10,500 so I walked. I figured I can always call back and leave a deposit if I change my mind.

I spoke to the HD dealer in NC, about 15 miles from the first low rider I posted a picture of (same color combo 5500 miles) . They charge $118 to do a PPE. I am going to see how much they want to pick the bike up, do the PPE and bring it back.

I prefer that bike with 5500 miles the V&H exhaust, full stage 1 and no ABS versus the vinyl HD Saddlebags, ABS and Firebrand slipon.

I had ABS on my 2009 Street Glide and 2009 Road king and it was horrible, especially the rear and I just don't trust HD with the ABS failures (not sure if the newer ABS on the Low Rider has improved?) .

Ikelove (07-14-2020)

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider