Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 07:35 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

A nice warm front has moved into my area and I will be able to ride Sun and Mon. A true Christmas present. I plan to ride at least 50-60 miles each day.

Old 12-22-2019, 11:27 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Supposed to be 65-70 here on Tuesday. I plan on riding...want to put on some more miles before a mount the new rear tire...

Old 12-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Supposed to be 65-70 here on Tuesday. I plan on riding...want to put on some more miles before a mount the new rear tire...
I will not be seeing temps like that for some time to come.

I did get out and ride today. It got up to 50 in my area. I put 110 miles on today. Did not want to stop riding. Hope to get a nice ride in Mon as well. I have the day off from work.

Old 12-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

At last, the weather and roads were dry enough for the 90 mile round trip to the dealer to have the 'dry fit' of my new Klock Werks front fender. It's a snug fit width-wise, but doesn't bind on the tire, so soon it'll be off to the paint shop.

During the ride I managed to avoid most of the surface water. There were just two patches I had to creep through, but that was enough to plaster parts of the bike in road sludge. It's too dark to try cleaning it now, but hopefully I can get to that early tomorrow before too much damage is done.

After over four weeks, the news eventually came through that there will be no replacement Remus muffler because they've stopped producing it. Thankfully, a friend and his work-mates have done an excellent job of welding up the broken lug on my muffler that fell off, so I'm able to use that again for now, while I work out whether to get it re-chromed, or buy a Vance and Hines, or make do with an almost unused second-hand stock muffler I've picked up from eBay.

Whatever the outcome with the fender and the muffler, it was just so good to be out on the bike again. I took a good look round the showroom while I was at the dealer. A couple of low mileage Switchbacks caught my eye, and the new Heritage Softail looks a practical option; but as yet nothing appeals to me as much as my Low Rider - and that's a good feeling.

Old 12-23-2019, 01:56 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham UK
At last, the weather and roads were dry enough for the 90 mile round trip to the dealer to have the 'dry fit' of my new Klock Werks front fender. It's a snug fit width-wise, but doesn't bind on the tire, so soon it'll be off to the paint shop.

During the ride I managed to avoid most of the surface water. There were just two patches I had to creep through, but that was enough to plaster parts of the bike in road sludge. It's too dark to try cleaning it now, but hopefully I can get to that early tomorrow before too much damage is done.

After over four weeks, the news eventually came through that there will be no replacement Remus muffler because they've stopped producing it. Thankfully, a friend and his work-mates have done an excellent job of welding up the broken lug on my muffler that fell off, so I'm able to use that again for now, while I work out whether to get it re-chromed, or buy a Vance and Hines, or make do with an almost unused second-hand stock muffler I've picked up from eBay.

Whatever the outcome with the fender and the muffler, it was just so good to be out on the bike again. I took a good look round the showroom while I was at the dealer. A couple of low mileage Switchbacks caught my eye, and the new Heritage Softail looks a practical option; but as yet nothing appeals to me as much as my Low Rider - and that's a good feeling.
Be sure to post up some pictures of that fender when it's finished!

Old 12-23-2019, 09:54 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Was able to get out for another day of riding. I will also get to ride tomorrow and Christmas. 4 straight days of riding in late Dec. That does not happen much around my neck of the woods.

The following users liked this post:
Graham UK (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 05:40 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220
Be sure to post up some pictures of that fender when it's finished!
I'll plan to do that. In the meantime, this is the fender I'm having:

... which to my eyes, although not identical to the fenders on the early Low Riders, at least evokes them:

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 01:53 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Just finished a 76 mile ride...still smiling...

The following 2 users liked this post by ucbruce:
Graham UK (12-24-2019), Ikelove (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Just finished a 76 mile ride...still smiling...
Just got 80 miles in today. Went to work and left at Noon. Was on the road about an hour later. Three straight days of riding. Averaging 80 miles a day. One more day for riding tomorrow.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:44 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Today was my fourth day in a row of riding. Had 29540 miles on the bike when I started Sun. I am now at 29911. Will be riding tomorrow as well and expect to hit 30,000. I have the day off Friday and it appears to be the last day of this good weather. Six straight days come Fri.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider