Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 02:52 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

I rode in to work today, not too bad 49 degrees on the way in and it will be 45 on the way out. I got a short ride in last week, I had to come to work for about an hour so I hopped on the bike, it was quite brisk at 34 degrees both ways with a 35 minute commute each way. Leather jacket really helps cut the wind, combined with jeans and cycle gear glove liners and face mask under my full face I really wasn't cold except for my legs. I need to find some sort of overpant to wear over my jeans to keep my legs warm.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:59 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

Should have went riding yesterday. Weather was gorgeous and over 60 degrees...bikes everywhere...I sat in a tree for 4 hours instead and didn't even see a deer...

Old 11-21-2019, 02:36 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Got the call I've been waiting for, I'll be picking it up either after work today or in the morning tomorrow...very excited to have it back, even though I'm going out of town all next week for Thanksgiving...lol

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (11-21-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Got the call I've been waiting for, I'll be picking it up either after work today or in the morning tomorrow...very excited to have it back, even though I'm going out of town all next week for Thanksgiving...lol
Good to hear that you are getting your LR back. I plan on getting a ride in Sat and Sun.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:24 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Well, this is awkward...lol...

Went to go pick it up, and long story short I don't have it anymore. Dealer made me a deal I couldn't refuse on a low mile '18 Road King Special...gotta say I teared up a bit handing over the keys but she treated me well and I'll always have the memories. I'm thinking I'll have another one down the line when money will allow, but it was time. Been wanting a RK for a while...

So, out with the old...

And in with the new...

Been a pleasure, and I'll still pop in every now and then.

Oh hell, I think someone is chopping onions in here again...

fxdup (11-24-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 10:02 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

WOW!! Congrats!!!

DynaKid94 (12-06-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 12:47 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Went to go pick it up, and long story short I don't have it anymore. Dealer made me a deal I couldn't refuse on a low mile '18 Road King Special...gotta say I teared up a bit handing over the keys but she treated me well and I'll always have the memories. I'm thinking I'll have another one down the line when money will allow, but it was time. Been wanting a RK for a while...

So, out with the old...

And in with the new...

Nice RKS Dynakid ... you still got the other one to fall back on

Weird timing ... that's OC Harley, right?
I was in the parking lot 2 years ago ... down for Thanksgiving

Last edited by multihdrdr; 11-23-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:42 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts

So, out with the old...

And in with the new...

Congrats on the new ride! Luckily I have the best of both worlds, but if you can only have one bike, I think a Touring bike is the way to go. I love my LR, but there's lots of stuff I can do with my Bagger that are simply not practical on the LR...I sure wouldn't have rode it to Arizona like I did last year on the big bike! Keep the rubber side down...

Old 11-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

So, out with the old...

And in with the new...

I take it you were looking to do more touring or longer rides? How does the extra weight of the RK feel?

DynaKid94 (12-06-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 08:30 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I take it you were looking to do more touring or longer rides? How does the extra weight of the RK feel?
The RKS is actually a pretty good all around bike. Not just for touring. The bike feels nimble and handles quite well for a bike its size. If I was in the market it would be near the top of my list!

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider