Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by shodown220
Have you ridden the Sport Glide yet? I've kinda eyeballed them a little since they came out but a few weeks ago I did a demo ride event and test rode one. I gotta admit, I fell in love. I've never considered trading my low rider in but that bike really made me question if i would let my low rider go in favor of a shiny new Sport Glide. It just fit me perfect, ride quality was great, handling was great, plenty of power. Just a great feeling motorcycle.
I considered trading in my LR for a Road Glide last weekend but I didn't for several reasons. 1. The RG was not as represented. I was told it was a Stage IV, but was a Stage II. 2. I already have a Stage IV Bagger. 3. They low balled me so bad on LR that I couldn't even consider a trade. I love my LR and plan on keeping it for many years, and I'm getting 45-47 MPG and you can't beat that! What kind of MPG are you guy's getting?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I just got mine 5 months ago, and I love it. Maybe as the original owners let theirs go, people like me will fill the ranks a bit. I plan to have my LR for years to come Did I mention I love this bike?
I bought mine 10 months ago and feel the same way. I love the way this bike rides, handles and sounds. It makes me smile every time I open the garage door. I've test ridden some M8s and, out of all of them, I liked the way the Heritage rode, but not its looks. If I was buying an M8 I think I'd go for the Deluxe; but, I don't think I'll bother when my FXDL is as good in most respects and better in some. I get the feeling I'll be riding this bike for many years to come.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham UK
I bought mine 10 months ago and feel the same way. I love the way this bike rides, handles and sounds. It makes me smile every time I open the garage door. I've test ridden some M8s and, out of all of them, I liked the way the Heritage rode, but not its looks. If I was buying an M8 I think I'd go for the Deluxe; but, I don't think I'll bother when my FXDL is as good in most respects and better in some. I get the feeling I'll be riding this bike for many years to come.
We might have been separated at birth, lol. Yeah, I'd take the Deluxe if given a choice of all the new Softails. But that's waaaay in the future. Only 14K on my LR, we have a lot of riding to do.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Graham UK
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
We might have been separated at birth, lol. Yeah, I'd take the Deluxe if given a choice of all the new Softails. But that's waaaay in the future. Only 14K on my LR, we have a lot of riding to do.
Only 12.5K on mine (6,000 of those in the months since I got it); I've got some catching up to do!

Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by ucbruce
I considered trading in my LR for a Road Glide last weekend but I didn't for several reasons. 1. The RG was not as represented. I was told it was a Stage IV, but was a Stage II. 2. I already have a Stage IV Bagger. 3. They low balled me so bad on LR that I couldn't even consider a trade. I love my LR and plan on keeping it for many years, and I'm getting 45-47 MPG and you can't beat that! What kind of MPG are you guy's getting?
I usually average around 45 mpg, but on trips I've seen it creep up to around 50 mpg. I did manage 1 time 53 mpg on a trip and it was 2 up riding the whole time so I was pretty happy to see that. I started out on a CBR250R years ago (yeah laugh all you want but it was what I could afford and it was pretty sporty looking!) but I could ring that bike out to redline all day and still net 75+ mpg. That was a fun little bike but way too slow!!

Old 09-19-2018, 04:24 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I wish I could get that kind of mileage. Built 110 in my s and I like to play some. I only average about 37 mpg.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

have less than 300 mi to complete 37K miles. have it set up the way I like, no plans on replacing it.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:37 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by pab3rd
Use to be I would find this thread always on the 1st page. Now on page 4. Have most of the posters moved on to a newer model. I still have my 14 LR, but must admit that I have been looking at the new Sport Glide.
Problem is that new LR and LR S owners have not joined into the thread. Cannot recall the last time a new owner stopped by. I still have my LR that I got in May 2015. Going to keep it for a while. Not interested in any other HD offering.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:48 AM
Graham UK
Tourer

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I wish I could get that kind of mileage. Built 110 in my s and I like to play some. I only average about 37 mpg.
I was going to say that I get around 48 mpg, but then I realised that's in UK gallons, so that equates to about 39mpg in US gallons - not so very different from you; and my bike's stock except for the slip on. However, I mostly ride on narrow, twisty UK roads, with lots of changes of speed and gear etc.; when I just sit on the highway for a few hours the mpg gets up into the mid-40s.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:58 PM
DMo
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Can't speak for anyone else, but me and my Lowrider are still here.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider