Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 06:26 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
You keeping the LR S?
No, can't keep 2 bikes. After riding the S for over a year and then getting on an '18 model, I've got to say I just like the new one a lot more. I like the rawness of the S but I like the refinements of the new one more. It's a lot smoother but still sounds and feels like a Harley (at least to me). Easier clutch pull, easier off the side stand, still pulls hard and handles amazing. Gauge even has more info in it. It was a downgrade in braking performance but this one has ABS so I'll slap a better set of pads on it and be good.
Not knocking the S or any of the other twin cams. I would have kept my LRS but I don't have the room for 2 bikes.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:57 PM
rrhemi
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ktp1598
No, can't keep 2 bikes. After riding the S for over a year and then getting on an '18 model, I've got to say I just like the new one a lot more. I like the rawness of the S but I like the refinements of the new one more. It's a lot smoother but still sounds and feels like a Harley (at least to me). Easier clutch pull, easier off the side stand, still pulls hard and handles amazing. Gauge even has more info in it. It was a downgrade in braking performance but this one has ABS so I'll slap a better set of pads on it and be good.
Not knocking the S or any of the other twin cams. I would have kept my LRS but I don't have the room for 2 bikes.
How does it compare on your favorite winding road?

Old 09-22-2017, 10:56 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain

Seems easier to steer. Feels lighter than it is. Torque is also very linear. I've only rode it about 25 miles so far but I really like it. It's hard to describe but it's comfortable like a bigger bike but is powerful and great handling at the same time. All I can say is ride one before you pass judgment. I personally enjoy the lower vibration with the 107. A good set of slipons and performance brake pads and it'll be perfect. I'll let you know when I take it out on a better road.

The following users liked this post:
rrhemi (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 02:16 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts
Default V&H Pro Pipe

Originally Posted by XL1200C_0112
Yes VH Pro Pipe.
That's what a have on my Stage IV bagger...I like that pipe. My LR already had a Stage I with the Cobra pipes and I like they way they look so I'm not going to switch, but I'm a V&H guy...

Old 09-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by ktp1598
You got the best color being offered on the new LR. I want something other than black for my next bike.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:27 AM
ktp1598
Road Captain

I think so. I've had enough black bikes.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Been crazy hot for the last week. Only managed to sneek in two early morning rides. Looks like I can resume commuting to work starting Wed.

Wondering if my dealer might get a little more reasonable on a leftover 2017 LR S still sitting on the showroom floor. Might see come Nov.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:22 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Been crazy hot for the last week. Only managed to sneek in two early morning rides. Looks like I can resume commuting to work starting Wed.

Wondering if my dealer might get a little more reasonable on a leftover 2017 LR S still sitting on the showroom floor. Might see come Nov.
They are demoing all new model this weekend at my local HD dealer, got the e-mail announcing test rides and price drops on older models. It think it's going to take a couple of months to see any drop that's worth considering.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
They are demoing all new model this weekend at my local HD dealer, got the e-mail announcing test rides and price drops on older models. It think it's going to take a couple of months to see any drop that's worth considering.
What are you going to demo?

Old 09-25-2017, 07:41 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

What are you going to demo?
I'm not planning on demoing any of those bikes, I might get some ideas and my LR is not even 1 year old. Only 1.6K and there are a few upgrades I still want to get before even thinking of getting rid of it. My firs HD ever and I'm having way too much fun doing most of those upgrades in my garage hanging out with my 2 boys.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider