Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
How many of you have condensation in the two gauges? I don't have a lot but the lenses show signs of it having been there.
Is there a fix for this?
I have it in my speedo a number of times. Do not believe I have had it in the tach. Would love to know why.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:22 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I have it in my speedo a number of times. Do not believe I have had it in the tach. Would love to know why.
I get condensation frequently in the speedometer as well.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:23 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Condensation

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
I get condensation frequently in the speedometer as well.
It's not uncommon to get some condensation in your instruments after a wash or riding in the rain. Most of the moisture will evaporate with time, but there can be some residue built up over time, especially at the bottom of the gauge where the odometer is. This can make it a little difficult to read. I am not aware of any fix to this issue other than replacement of gauges, which I wouldn't do, or disassembly and cleaning, which I don't even know is possible. I assume they are pretty well sealed to try and prevent this, but water is a tricky thing...it can find it's way in, but not so easy to get out...

Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 AM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a FXDB and I get condensation also, I believe it is because the gasoline vent tube is right under the dash and on hot days from a cold garage it condenses but it goes away relatively quickly. Just my 2¢

Old 07-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by STRES
I have a FXDB and I get condensation also, I believe it is because the gasoline vent tube is right under the dash and on hot days from a cold garage it condenses but it goes away relatively quickly. Just my 2¢
Would agree. I do not ride in the rain and I do not hose down my bike while cleaning, so I know it is not coming form those things.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:40 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by STRES
Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention to the timing of the condensation. In my case it's definitively not from a cool garage as it will happen well into a hot weather ride. However, now I'm wondering if it could occur after I refuel with cool underground fuel, but I don't think so. It does happen while riding in hot direct sun.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 159 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Condensation

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention to the timing of the condensation. In my case it's definitively not from a cool garage as it will happen well into a hot weather ride. However, now I'm wondering if it could occur after I refuel with cool underground fuel, but I don't think so. It does happen while riding in hot direct sun.
The heat causes the condensation to rise and form at the bottom of the gauge...

Old 07-17-2017, 06:39 PM
14LowLow
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well guys I both regret and enjoy this post. I've traded my LR for a 2016 RK. Thanks for the great conversations, I hope to be back on one someday.
🙂

☹️

Old 07-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrads 14LowLow on the new RK. What caused you to make the move?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:50 AM
14LowLow
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Ike, I needed to acquire more room and comfort for the woman and I. We like to take 500-1500 mile trips often and the Dyna was beating her up pretty bad. I did all I could to make it comfy but at the end of the day she urged me to get something bigger. I've never felt so torn! My girl is telling me to buy a new bike but I loved my LR! If they come out with a CVO model in the future, I'll have one in my garage for fun times solo, until then, I love have a partner riding on the tail during long road trips.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider