Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 01:40 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Looking for recommendations on upgrades to the stock seat on my 2014 Low Rider. I would prefer a similar (or lower seat height) and a similar reach (I currently use the the seat bolster).
[I'm guessing this may have already been covered so links to previous discussions/posts are appreciated as well]

Old 05-01-2017, 11:25 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
My 2014 decided not idle anymore keeps stalling. I tried both crank sensor and TPS neither one heleped any ideas?
My 14 LR did this as well. It would ride and run as long as I was on the throttle, when I laid off the gas the bike would not idle and die out. Turns out there is a small passage on the throttle body that was gummed up with dirt. Cleaned it out and its been fine. Remove you A/C and clean out everything on the intake side of the TB.

The following users liked this post:
motorbikemike48 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna100
My son told me about it. He actually told all the members of his club the bike was available and apparently no one was interested. He told me I could have it for whatever the pay off. I called Harley finance and paid it off the same day I heard about it. Rode it home that night.

Your son gave you a great lead. You landed a really sweet deal.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:40 PM
bronxlrider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike just shuts off when I lay off the throttle also 2016 fxdl

This just happened to me a moment ago while driving back from work. every time I got to a stop the bike will just shut off and I kept on doing it until I turned the bike off and turned it back on from the keyswitch any suggestions of what happened?
Originally Posted by emperor wurm
My 14 LR did this as well. It would ride and run as long as I was on the throttle, when I laid off the gas the bike would not idle and die out. Turns out there is a small passage on the throttle body that was gummed up with dirt. Cleaned it out and its been fine. Remove you A/C and clean out everything on the intake side of the TB.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:47 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bronxlrider
This just happened to me a moment ago while driving back from work. every time I got to a stop the bike will just shut off and I kept on doing it until I turned the bike off and turned it back on from the keyswitch any suggestions of what happened?
Have you taken your bike in for the ignition recall ?

Old 05-01-2017, 04:49 PM
bronxlrider
6th Gear
Default Bar swap

[did you change your break lines ? What height rise is your set up? QUOTE=JuanderBoy;16180045]It's way easier than you think. I did it to my 2016 FXDL.
The headligh block of the Street Bob is a perfect fit and you only have to change the headlight bucket. Go with the LED Headlamp Housing Kit-67700093B, it'll work with your stock headlight. Any HD dealer should have that in stock. I almost went crazy trying to make that change and it ended up being under $80 total.

[/QUOTE]

Old 05-01-2017, 04:51 PM
bronxlrider
6th Gear

No I never received a Notification that my bike was under the recall
Have you taken your bike in for the ignition recall ?

Old 05-01-2017, 04:57 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

No I never received a Notification that my bike was under the recall
What year is your bike? you can check the status of a recall on the HD web site, you will need your VIN. If your bike is dying out, I would start there. It was happening to me while doing 80MPH. Twice! check the recalls and make sure that is done first. One of the symptoms was the bike cutting out.

Last edited by emperor wurm; 05-01-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: asd
Old 05-01-2017, 05:57 PM
bronxlrider
6th Gear

What year is your bike? you can check the status of a recall on the HD web site, you will need your VIN. If your bike is dying out, I would start there. It was happening to me while doing 80MPH. Twice! check the recalls and make sure that is done first. One of the symptoms was the bike cutting out.
thanks I checked no recalls for my vin. I did leave it out in the rain and now this could it be the throttle badly like yours ?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

I did leave it out in the rain and now this could it be the throttle badly like yours ?
My belief is that the rain never does anything good for a motorcycle.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider