Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:08 AM
BobbyRay
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRider14
I have researched all the bikes I liked and wanted will be getting my Low Rider soon. Read through this thread thanks for the helpful info you guys posted. One question how does the seat feel on longer rides?
It seemed fine, but ended up with a Sundowner as the original appears to be designed to dump your passenger!! If I didn't need two up I would have been happy with the original. I'm 5'9" 200 lbs. I also lost a tad of reach with the replacement, but works fine.

Last edited by BobbyRay; 09-16-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:44 AM
BobbyRay
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Iron obsessed
The guys at twisted throttle said they can't guaranty fitment of this screen due to the low riders chrome eyebrow, I went w the stock Harley 14", looks good, took pressure off chest, no helmet buffeting, plenty of fresh air, I'm 5'-8"
Just ordered that shield. Is yours mounted high or lower on the forks? I'm 5'9", not much different.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 AM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
I believe that BMW makes the only laced wheel that can run a tubeless.
The spoke nipples on the BMW wheel fit to the edges instead of the middle of the rim.
Harley's "smooth" spoked rim wheels are made for tubeless tires. I haven't seen those made available for the LR though. The only size I ever recall seeing was 16".

Old 09-16-2014, 06:51 AM
cnydynarider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait for someone to post a lowrider pic with the new deep jade green color

Old 09-16-2014, 07:16 AM
sengle4
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
Were you able to drill out the cat, or was it necessary to cut the collector open to remove it?
I did the "trap door" method. It took about an hour to take all the material out using a screwdrive and a chisel then had the collector welded back up.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:56 AM
motorend
Cruiser
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cnydynarider
I can't wait for someone to post a lowrider pic with the new deep jade green color
I'm waiting for someone to post one with a thundercone. I can't find a picture of one anywhere. And while Thunderheader says they have one that fits now, they show no picture of one, just the Switchback. I'm sure a lot of switchback slip ons fit, but its the mating of the heatshield that I want to see as well, as we run different ones.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:53 PM
BobbyRay
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by cnydynarider
I'm curious to see that too. I just bought a black one I'm very happy with, but look forward to seeing that green at the dealer.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:09 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Back and up worked for me ... that is rotate the risers back and then rotate bar so ends are up to original height. That gets them pulled back but places blinkers high enough to clear tank with same clearance as it had originally.

Originally Posted by BobbyRay
I tried to bring my handlebars back on my 2014. Loosened the risers, then positioned bars in correct position, however blinkers wanted to touch tank Anyone else tried the adjustment?

Old 09-16-2014, 04:31 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Default A little update

Liking this bike more and more.
Additions/changes to wake up the black and silver and enhance the sound. Like the sound now but also considering removing packing and/or cat. Purchased a used SE AC from this forum and once I get that installed will have an 'unofficial' stage 1 with very little investment. Waiting to install AC until decide on/purchase tuner - that will be where I spend the $.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:48 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Nice paint rednred!

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider