Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 03:56 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Took my wife to the san clemente pier for our wedding anniversary. Its pretty hilly around there, I tried to make a u-turn on a hill and dumped my bike infront of everyone. Lucky the wife jumped off and was not injured. The bike is ok, broken clutch lever and scratched up derby cover. my ego took the brunt of the hit....

Old 04-11-2017, 04:31 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

I usually do all my own maintenance however I did take my bike in for the first service. My underseat sissy bar came back with a huge scratch in it (where the seat screw is) and the left side front gas tank tab had a 1 cm diameter scratch of paint missing.

I didn't mention it because I didn't inspect the motorcycle thoroughly when I dropped it off and picked it up.

Needless to say, I will revert to doing all my own maintenance work...and if I do take it in, all defects will be noted rental car style.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:38 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by megatoph
Picked up a 2017 towards the end of Feb; living in CA so I got all year to ride. Working on it, changing things here and there, still have a lot of work to do. Here she is so far!
-Risers with crowns on top
-Daymaker headlight
-Integrated tail light, need to take sigs off
-smoked lens and LED lamps for front sigs
-Thundercone slip on, removing cat this week
-Burly slammer shocks (10.5")
-Le Pera Bare bones seat and pillion
-Sissy bar from Slims Fab Farm

I dig the overall look of your bike. Nice ride.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
I usually do all my own maintenance however I did take my bike in for the first service. My underseat sissy bar came back with a huge scratch in it (where the seat screw is) and the left side front gas tank tab had a 1 cm diameter scratch of paint missing.

I didn't mention it because I didn't inspect the motorcycle thoroughly when I dropped it off and picked it up.

Needless to say, I will revert to doing all my own maintenance work...and if I do take it in, all defects will be noted rental car style.
when I took mine in last year for the ignition switch recall, they took photos of the bike before taking it into the shop.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
I have! I had a terrible experience with a dealership, and let HD headquarters know in very explicit terms.................result?..................not a thing.............not even a reply from them.

What I figured. The thing that would worry me is the dealership knowing who it was that blasted them. The next closest HD dealer to me is a long ways away.

Last edited by Ikelove; 04-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:15 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
Took my wife to the san clemente pier for our wedding anniversary. Its pretty hilly around there, I tried to make a u-turn on a hill and dumped my bike infront of everyone. Lucky the wife jumped off and was not injured. The bike is ok, broken clutch lever and scratched up derby cover. my ego took the brunt of the hit....
Those SC hills are tricky. Almost did the exact same thing about a week ago

Old 04-12-2017, 12:49 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Shifter took a crap on me yesterday on my way home from work, on my bday no less...have had problems with the shift lever walking itself off the shaft since I bought the bike. Limped it to the dealer for warranty work yesterday. Hoping they have the parts in stock so it's done today, and not in a week...anyone else go through this with the further forward mids?

Attachment 621338

Old 04-12-2017, 01:22 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
...dumped my bike in front of everyone. Lucky the wife jumped off and was not injured...my ego took the brunt of the hit....
Did you quickly ride out of the area, just enough so it was a new group of people who didn't see you dump it, then have your wife walk to you?

Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
What I fugured. The thing that would worry me is the dealership knowing who it was that blasted them. The next closest HD dealer to me is a long ways away.
Do they give the dealer your name if you complain? anybody know for sure?

Old 04-12-2017, 03:53 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
when I took mine in last year for the ignition switch recall, they took photos of the bike before taking it into the shop.
Smart dealership, has obviously had issues in the past!

This dealership I dealt with is pretty small and local, I wouldn't expect this out of them.

Either way, I didn't inspect it when I picked it up, buyer beware I guess.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider