Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
I was just surprised that someone would "pigeon-hole" themselves into a "<100 mile ride."

More like due to circumstances. I live in IL but was not born or raised in IL. I have 1 relative (my father) who lives in IL. I have a bunch of friends but not one of them rides. None of them plan on riding. I am a solo rider. Commuting, running errands, and going some place for lunch or diner allows me to get some very nice rides in but none happen to exceed 100 miles. In two years, I have managed to rack up almost 15000 miles. For me, this is a record.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Great weather in IL this weekend. Bike continues to start up on the first push ever since the dealer installed a new battery.

Has anyone here ever blasted a dealer's service department in one of those HD surveys that you get after having service work done?

Old 04-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Resumed commuting to work today. First ride to work since November. Great ride.

Anyone here have over 30000 miles on their LR or LR S?

Old 04-11-2017, 12:44 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
More like due to circumstances. I live in IL but was not born or raised in IL. I have 1 relative (my father) who lives in IL. I have a bunch of friends but not one of them rides. None of them plan on riding. I am a solo rider. Commuting, running errands, and going some place for lunch or diner allows me to get some very nice rides in but none happen to exceed 100 miles. In two years, I have managed to rack up almost 15000 miles. For me, this is a record.
The great thing about dynas are..........IF you ever do want to take a 3-500 mile trip on them......they're perfectly capable!

Old 04-11-2017, 12:46 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Has anyone here ever blasted a dealer's service department in one of those HD surveys that you get after having service work done?
I have! I had a terrible experience with a dealership, and let HD headquarters know in very explicit terms.................result?..................not a thing.............not even a reply from them.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:11 PM
grouchy
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default dealer service

I complained to my dealer after a service when my bike was washed, but not dried. I did not notice and when I got home my bike looked like I went thru mud puddles, bike was covered with baked on dirty brown guck.

The dealer, Longleys of Peterborough, was quick to respond, sent their mechanic with trailer to pick bike up (two hours away), had the bike detailed, and delivered it back to me looking like new in two days. Made me happy.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Resumed commuting to work today. First ride to work since November. Great ride.

Anyone here have over 30000 miles on their LR or LR S?
Same here, but last ride to work I think was in January or February. This past weekend yesterday and today have been prime riding!

Old 04-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
The great thing about dynas are..........IF you ever do want to take a 3-500 mile trip on them......they're perfectly capable!
...with a better seat though. My *** hurts after the 65 mile trip to work. Then after the 65 mile trip back home.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:08 PM
megatoph
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up a 2017 towards the end of Feb; living in CA so I got all year to ride. Working on it, changing things here and there, still have a lot of work to do. Here she is so far!
-Risers with crowns on top
-Daymaker headlight
-Integrated tail light, need to take sigs off
-smoked lens and LED lamps for front sigs
-Thundercone slip on, removing cat this week
-Burly slammer shocks (10.5")
-Le Pera Bare bones seat and pillion
-Sissy bar from Slims Fab Farm

Last edited by megatoph; 04-11-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: pic size
Old 04-11-2017, 03:42 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Great weather in IL this weekend. Bike continues to start up on the first push ever since the dealer installed a new battery.

I'm not sure how bad your service was but be mindful when filling out those surveys. Its usually best to talk directly with a service manager. I'm a service advisor for a car dealer and for example i just had 1 bad survey last month, we didn't have enough free food and drinks inside, and service took 30 minutes longer than she thought it should. That survey cost me $620. Thats real money out of my paycheck. That would have almost covered my rent. The survey system is broken, it was once used to better the dealership experience, now with manufactures expecting perfect scores across the board they don't accomplish anything positive at all.

I would highly recommend talking in person or contacting a service manager or dealer manager to get any issues corrected. Most likely a bad survey will be ignored and you will be "that customer" who gave a bad survey that one time. I know that if someone contacts me directly and tells me what went wrong i would do everything i can to make it right with them.

Sorry to rant, but man i hate those surveys, it makes you feel real bad when someone takes food off the table you are trying to provide for your family over something completely out of my control

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider