Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 03:10 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Had to make sure I did my clutch adjustment correctly The guy on the left is TheSSPirate with his sweet LR-S
haha, are you clutching that up in 2nd?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:06 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
haha, are you clutching that up in 2nd?
Not quite yet...lol...trying to master first gear first.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:11 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
That's what great about Harley's. There are some many different type of people that ride them. My favorite rides are when I don't have a particular destination. I just go out and try to get lost and find a nice place to stop and take some interesting pics of the bike. I could do that all day, but seldom get to lately.
Very true. Those are the best rides for many. I was just surprised that someone would "pigeon-hole" themselves into a "<100 mile ride."
But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess!

Kinda like the closing scene in Blazing Saddles.

"Where you off to now, cowboy?"

"Nowhere special."

"Nowhere special?"

"Yup, always wanted to go nowhere special."

That movie just continues to deliver.

Again, unless a medical condition prevents a longer ride.

Or, should I say, "Until a medical condition prevents a longer ride..."

Old 04-04-2017, 07:19 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain

Not quite yet...lol...trying to master first gear first.
Did you clutch it up in first though or throttle wheelie?

I'm just curious, I haven't ever tried to wheelie a cruiser haha. I'm to worried about landing a little hard and the forks giving out

Old 04-05-2017, 11:52 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
Did you clutch it up in first though or throttle wheelie?

I'm just curious, I haven't ever tried to wheelie a cruiser haha. I'm to worried about landing a little hard and the forks giving out
There's a whole technique that I'm still trying to get down...I usually get it up to 10-15mph, then kind of simultaneously rev to 3500-4000, pull back on bars, and let the clutch out quickly. Takes a lot of practice to finally nail it. Don't get quite to here yet...

But it'll get me one of these that I can hold for a bit...(pardon the potato quality)

2014 Low Rider-3qilxwz.jpg

If I can keep doing those consistently, I'm happy, at least until I can pick up an old FXD/FXR as a dedicated bike to practice on. Don't want to mess up my pretty blue tins

As far as things to watch out for, from what I've heard/seen, neck bearings will definitely need a closer eye kept on them, fork seals have a tendency to go, and in some extreme cases there's broken motor mount tabs on the cases...I've been told by people better than me to stay in the throttle as you come down so the front end doesn't slam down.

That being said, it's fun

Last edited by DynaKid94; 04-05-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:23 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts

I've been told by people better than me to stay in the throttle as you come down so the front end doesn't slam down.

That being said, it's fun
plan on clutch plate wear too. Drive belt teeth possibly.
But yes, it is fun. Until you get caught doing it. I've been caught twice. First time when riding a wheelie on PCH on my new 1980 XL500S Honda. ( No ticket)
Second was riding my ZX12R on Hwy 78. Did a 2 mile 12 o'clock clicker and not excedding the 55mph speedlimit. (No ticket, but a stern warning.)
Attitude plays a big part with LEO's sometimes.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Adam87t2
Advanced
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=DynaKid94;16105687

If I can keep doing those consistently, I'm happy, at least until I can pick up an old FXD/FXR as a dedicated bike to practice on. Don't want to mess up my pretty blue tins [/QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite, I'd rather mess up my low rider than lay down the FXR lol I could still walk in a get one of those off the showroom floor if I messed up and had a yardsale

Old 04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
plan on clutch plate wear too. Drive belt teeth possibly.
But yes, it is fun. Until you get caught doing it. I've been caught twice. First time when riding a wheelie on PCH on my new 1980 XL500S Honda. ( No ticket)
Second was riding my ZX12R on Hwy 78. Did a 2 mile 12 o'clock clicker and not excedding the 55mph speedlimit. (No ticket, but a stern warning.)
Attitude plays a big part with LEO's sometimes.
Been caught a couple times myself too, nothing more than a warning so far, knock on wood...

You're right on the belt and clutch too - my old wide glide was starting to show it's age there when I traded it in...I definitely see a clutch upgrade in the future...

Originally Posted by Adam87t2
I'm the exact opposite, I'd rather mess up my low rider than lay down the FXR lol I could still walk in a get one of those off the showroom floor if I messed up and had a yardsale
lol I hear you, this hypothetical practice bike wouldn't be much of a looker though. This is just my first nice bike, old one was a bit of a beater.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:51 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain

Ah ok, so you're clutching it up in first

If you're finding 1st gear to be too violent, try clutching it up in 2nd..it should be smoother and more forgiving.

You might also try standing up with the bike as the wheel shoots up to get to the higher balance point.

Clutching it up is what we call it in dirt bike / sportbike stunting

Old 04-05-2017, 03:45 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

krouke
I've been looking at the LR myself. I noticed you were riding without the Fairing for awhile. How did the ride compare? With my sporty I can't really tell the difference.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider