Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 02:47 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by djKail
Thanks! Exhaust is the Bassani Road Rage Mega Power. I went with it because Bassani actually showed the pipes on a 14 Low Rider, so I knew it would fit with the slightly different controls these bikes have. It's pretty loud when you get on it, but it idles and cruises at a moderate level... Although everyone has a different idea of what "moderate" is, I don't find it overly loud.

If I could do it again though, I would look into the Arlen Ness Riot 2-1 pipes or the Two Brothers.
I've been reading good things about the Two Brothers. I appreciate the feedback.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Finally got my 12" Nash Midget Gimps installed, along with an RSD riser, new cables, new headlight bucket, brake lines, and everything else that is involved when swapping bars on these new Low Riders.

Happy with everything, brake light switch is a bit finicky as it's taking an extra second or two to shut off the light after the lever is released but I'm thinking it's just not lined up properly.
Looks sweet. Your lever assembly not being lined up 100% correctly sounds like the issue or the switch is damaged.

Did you use a shim to bias the lever prior to uninstalling?
I guess damaging the little switch is very common if you don't.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:30 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
I've been reading good things about the Two Brothers. I appreciate the feedback.
I've got the TBR pipe and love it, but I know that they are almost done with a second gen version of their pipe as well. You might want to keep that in mind as well.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:32 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
I've got the TBR pipe and love it, but I know that they are almost done with a second gen version of their pipe as well. You might want to keep that in mind as well.
Oh that's good to know. I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the newer one. Thanks

Old 04-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Finally got my 12" Nash Midget Gimps installed, along with an RSD riser, new cables, new headlight bucket, brake lines, and everything else that is involved when swapping bars on these new Low Riders.

Happy with everything, brake light switch is a bit finicky as it's taking an extra second or two to shut off the light after the lever is released but I'm thinking it's just not lined up properly.

That looks badass. I have been wondering where I can get a decent replacement riser so I can go with standard pre-drilled bars iunstead of t-bars that bolt directlt to the neck. I never thought of RSD.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the Bassani RR as well and his description is spot on. a nice low deep throaty idle but it can scream when you get on it. I commute to work and leave at 5:30am so I wanted something that sounded better than stock, but wasn't obnoxious. The TBR is similar but I think is louder.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:35 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Oh that's good to know. I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the newer one. Thanks
Yeah, it looks like the current one, but without the carbon fiber end cap. It has a raw end cap that matches the rest of the pipe. It also has a new logo.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
That's what great about Harley's. There are some many different type of people that ride them. My favorite rides are when I don't have a particular destination. I just go out and try to get lost and find a nice place to stop and take some interesting pics of the bike. I could do that all day, but seldom get to lately.
Agreed. Most of my riding is to work. When I have a day off or on the weekends, I use my LR to run all the errands I can or go and get something to eat. My LR makes commuting and running errands fun.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:01 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

had a little fun this weekend with some fellow dyna riders...

2014 Low Rider-spva9mr.jpg

Had to make sure I did my clutch adjustment correctly The guy on the left is TheSSPirate with his sweet LR-S

2014 Low Rider-qfljfoe.jpg

Old 04-04-2017, 01:17 AM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Twospot
I have the Bassani RR as well and his description is spot on. a nice low deep throaty idle but it can scream when you get on it. I commute to work and leave at 5:30am so I wanted something that sounded better than stock, but wasn't obnoxious. The TBR is similar but I think is louder.
Same thing here, I don't want to wake the neighbors up at 6:00a.m. so decent idle will do. Thanks​ for the tip

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider