Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by megatoph
Dude. I know this is a couple months late, and really really random but that curb/street looks crazy familiar and I saw you're in OC; is that Speed King Steve's house?
Nah, it's actually a buddy of mine's house in Brea, he's on here - TheSSPirate.

Last edited by DynaKid94; 03-20-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: accidentally a word
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
I change my tires in my garage myself last weekend. It's a worthy skill to learn and not really that hard after you do it a few times. Sure the first time is very frustrating, but it gets better each time. After I have the wheel off, I can have the new tire mounted in around 10 to 15 mins at a casual pace.

I changed my own tires also for many years, is not that hard to do, but with cycle gear near by, they charge 20 bucks to do it, am getting a bit lazier as get older, however if was as expensive as some are saying, would definitely break out the tire irons again.

Last edited by MRFREEZE57; 03-20-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Support your local indy - I'll never take my bike to the dealer for a tire change again, after seeing how much they gouged me on my old bike. They kinda had me by the neck, was stuck in their parking lot with a flat...for the rear Commander I just had installed I paid $260 out the door (tire, labor, disposal, sales tax). Had them do all the work, but when I do the front I'll take the wheel off myself and bring it along with a new tire to just have it mounted and balanced.

Anyways, it was a good weekend out here, too good to not put some miles down. Visited the old man, got to see him take my littlest sister out on his bike for her first ride which was cool to see.

I was at the local dealership about a month ago finally having my recall taken care of and noticed they had a board with prices listed in the service area.

They listed the 1K service around $600 and the 5K at around $700. I don't remember the exact amounts, but these are close. For that kind of money, to change the oil and check a few bolts for tightness? Come one now, that's some crazy **** right there! The recall service was the first time someone other than myself has touched a thing on my bike since I bought it.

I know some of this stuff can be intimidating, but I would rather try my hand at it first and **** it up than get **** reamed by the dealership.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

I was at the local dealership about a month ago finally having my recall taken care of and noticed they had a board with prices listed in the service area.

They listed the 1K service around $600 and the 5K at around $700. I don't remember the exact amounts, but these are close. For that kind of money, to change the oil and check a few bolts for tightness? Come one now, that's some crazy **** right there! The recall service was the first time someone other than myself has touched a thing on my bike since I bought it.

I know some of this stuff can be intimidating, but I would rather try my hand at it first and **** it up than get **** reamed by the dealership.
Yeah I remember thinking all of the services they recommend you do through them were really intensive, then I read the service manual...yeah, I'll be doing them myself...lol...just gotta document everything is all.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

SLR holy sh*t!!! My dealer charges mid 300's low 400's for those. That's CRAZY!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 03:13 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
SLR holy sh*t!!! My dealer charges mid 300's low 400's for those. That's CRAZY!!!
Same here... Does your dealer provide lube?

Old 03-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DivineDark
Same here... Does your dealer provide lube?
DD I don't think lube would even give those prices relief LOL

Old 03-21-2017, 03:21 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

DD I don't think lube would even give those prices relief LOL
Fair point.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

I think for me with doing the service yourself, I'm not sure what to look for. You check a lot of torque. But just finding exactly what they're referring to when you don't know what it is can be a challenge. Then when you're supposed to check something for wear, knowing what actually to look for is again actually a challenge when you don't know (unless its completely obvious).

Old 03-21-2017, 03:30 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

I think for me with doing the service yourself, I'm not sure what to look for. You check a lot of torque. But just finding exactly what they're referring to when you don't know what it is can be a challenge. Then when you're supposed to check something for wear, knowing what actually to look for is again actually a challenge when you don't know (unless its completely obvious).
I took my Buell out of storage (6 years). I wanted to make sure it was safe to ride, so I took it to the dealer to do the 5000 service way early. They checked common loose bolts, changed the fluids, checked my brakes and tires.

The bike had 2000 babied miles on it, and they told me my tires are ready to be replaced and they could help me with that... Mmmhmm... Then they charged me $450.

I have been doing my own work on my Indian and my LRS and haven't had it to the dealer since. It's going to take some serious damage for me to go back anytime soon.

On top of that, they kept trying to get me to trade the bike in, cause this is the last year they're going to be supporting it. Just a poor experience all around. I have since started going to another dealer.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider