Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 10:03 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
DK,

Inquiring minds want to know. What did you do about the spacer? Did you change the fork oil or just drop the springs in?

Appreciate this because it was certainly on my winter list, but I may go ahead and get it done.
For the spacers, I cut the PVC to be even with the top of the fork tubes then used my adjusters to set the pre-load. This worked perfect for me, however your mileage may vary.

I did not change the oil but honestly did not see a need to. That being said, I'll probably still step up to a heavier weight when I have to service the forks, probably also going to do the gold valve emulators at the time.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:56 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyJ_123
Do you need to retune the bike ?
Generally not with slip-ons. However, you may if you are getting enough pop. I have had several slip-ons in the past that could have used a re-tune or adjustment to cut down on the crackling.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:01 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
For the spacers, I cut the PVC to be even with the top of the fork tubes then used my adjusters to set the pre-load. This worked perfect for me, however your mileage may vary.

I did not change the oil but honestly did not see a need to. That being said, I'll probably still step up to a heavier weight when I have to service the forks, probably also going to do the gold valve emulators at the time.
I hear you on the fork oil. I've had mine for almost 1 year now so it's time to swap it out. Might as well do the springs too.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:40 AM
PacoElProfesor
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You did the work yourself, correct? What tools did you use to complete the job?

Old 12-19-2016, 11:19 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PacoElProfesor
You did the work yourself, correct? What tools did you use to complete the job?
Nothing out of the ordinary, sockets to pull the fork caps/adjusters, magnet to help pull the stock springs and a hacksaw for the PVC spacers (which I of course cleaned up before installing)

Did have some help getting the fork caps back on. Probably could have done them myself but it would have taken longer...Used a long extension to push the caps down and had the other person position them correctly and get the threads started. Again, probably could have done it myself but it was much easier with help there. Aside from that it's a pretty straightforward job

Edit: make sure you throw a towel over your tank...even the stock springs are under quite a bit of load and will happily throw the fork cap at a pretty paint job...

The following users liked this post:
PacoElProfesor (12-25-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 11:25 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Nothing out of the ordinary, sockets to pull the fork caps/adjusters, magnet to help pull the stock springs and a hacksaw for the PVC spacers (which I of course cleaned up before installing)

Did have some help getting the fork caps back on. Probably could have done them myself but it would have taken longer...Used a long extension to push the caps down and had the other person position them correctly and get the threads started. Again, probably could have done it myself but it was much easier with help there. Aside from that it's a pretty straightforward job

Edit: make sure you throw a towel over your tank...even the stock springs are under quite a bit of load and will happily throw the fork cap at a pretty paint job...
How do you like them so far? I threw in some progressive HD springs a couple months ago, but I hate them.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:32 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
How do you like them so far? I threw in some progressive HD springs a couple months ago, but I hate them.
Haven't gotten any extended riding time with them yet but so far I'm loving the difference. Since I'm a bit of a "larger" person I went with the 1.3kg spring rate per the calculator on their site. Completely got rid of the squishyness of the front end, brake dive no longer means bottoming out, bike just feels overall more responsive.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Iyad Hilal
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2014 FXDL - LowRider

Streat Bob Solo Seat,
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Exhaust,
RSD Machine OpsTurbine Air Cleaner,
RSD Turbine Chrome Face Plate,
RSD turn signals relocator,
Custom made sissy bar,
Custom back fender extension
H.D Billet footpegs grips & shifter peg
Teardrop Mirrors with LED signals

Now when $s are ready will go for Ape Hangers or Zbars.

Give me your thoughts on what's been done so far

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:07 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
I haven't had the chance to ride it yet due to winter wonderland however I did fire it up and it had a nice deep grunt sound to it and was noticeably louder...can't wait!
I have this pipe on my Low Rider - since about September. I really like the sound - noticeably louder and it has a deeper rumble than stock but no need to wear earplugs. Unlike the stock pipes you see right through this pipe so might need some sort of tuner. I have the DK-587 AC and FP3 and it runs great. Next money spent will be on suspension upgrades.

The following users liked this post:
JoshFXDL (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 03:36 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Iyad Hilal
2014 FXDL - LowRider

Now when $s are ready will go for Ape Hangers or Zbars.

Give me your thoughts on what's been done so far
Looks sweet!

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider