Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:26 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

rr2 1d12r is what im running, its an awesome pipe. Everyone loves the sound...those that dont get the finger salute.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
I have the first GoPro Hero model and works great for motorcycling, Scuba and Snowboarding. I'm sure the new ones are even better.
Do you have a single mounted forward-facing helmet cam? This is how I have seen many of them done. My question is what do you do in terms of camera coverage behind you?

I am looking at this company presently http://www.innovv.com/

But I have almost $200 in Best Buy gift certificates that I would like to use, so I am also seeing what BB has to offer.

However, I am leaning hard towards the innovv offering.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:28 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Do you have a single mounted forward-facing helmet cam? This is how I have seen many of them done. My question is what do you do in terms of camera coverage behind you?

I am looking at this company presently http://www.innovv.com/

But I have almost $200 in Best Buy gift certificates that I would like to use, so I am also seeing what BB has to offer.

However, I am leaning hard towards the innovv offering.
Yes single forward mount. For most things I just use the cheap adhesive mount to my helmet and that works great.

For different angles while motorcycling or autocrossing I will a suction cup tall mount on my gas tank, car windshield, etc.

The key is to have a good stable mount that won't vibrate. I put the camera on my sportbike cowl once and the video turned out terrible.

While scuba diving I usually just hold onto the camera although a dive stick works nicely too. I would probably try mounting it to my BC but I always rent a BC because I typically scuba while traveling to tropical places.

Even on forward facing video, if you get rear ended i think it would be pretty obvious you got rear ended and are not at fault.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I will likely go with a two camera system. One mounted behind my windscreen (so as to proivde some degree of protection to the camera) to give a forward view and one mounted on a sissy bar to give me a rear view. Mounting the camera on the helmet means it could get damaged. Lots of angles to consider. I am not necessarily looking for the most expensive gear out there and I am not filming so I can put videos on youtube. I want video footage only in case it is needed for a criminal or civil case.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:54 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

That makes sense, just make sure to mount it to something solid that doesn't vibrate much (this might be challenging on a Harley, haha).

My friend has a contour camera, which is a low profile helmet cam and it works great too. If you did get in a wreck, I think you would be much less likely to damage it because of the low profile.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
That makes sense, just make sure to mount it to something solid that doesn't vibrate much (this might be challenging on a Harley, haha).

My friend has a contour camera, which is a low profile helmet cam and it works great too. If you did get in a wreck, I think you would be much less likely to damage it because of the low profile.
Yea, the vibration factor has to be taken into account. I will be going to BB this weekend and talking to someone there are things. I am not looking for anything fancy. I got almost $200 in free BB money I want to use up. Also going to get something for my car.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 PM
JimmyJ_123
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Perfect. That's what I run. I just selected the VH Competition Exhaust with a high flow intake option. It was money!

I've done a few auto tunes, it always come back to the map mentioned above.
I should of had you build the bike . What faring is that and would you go with that one if you were to do it again. thanks Bro for the help.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimmyJ_123
I should of had you build the bike . What faring is that and would you go with that one if you were to do it again. thanks Bro for the help.
SquishyLowRider could make some money doing custom work on LRs and LR Ss. There are some very talented LR and LR S owners on this forum who do some quality work.

The following users liked this post:
SquishyLowRider (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 09:13 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by JimmyJ_123
Thanks man. Just paying it back. I've learned a bunch from everyone here. There are some great guys on this side of the house. It gets a little sketchy out side of here tough.

I've been satisfied with the gauntlet fairing. It's well made and was easily installed. I think I might have went with something a little taller, but for the price I'm satisfied. I'm still thinking of adding an extension to it to make it a little taller.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 11-04-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:14 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
SquishyLowRider could make some money doing custom work on LRs and LR Ss. There are some very talented LR and LR S owners on this forum who do some quality work.
Thanks Ike, appreciate it. There are some guys leagues ahead of me though on these forums.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider