Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 01:03 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by bronxlrider
did you plastidip the white? that's the color I am going for.
Justine is looking good
No the white was Rustoleum appliance epoxy. This pic below is the plastidip on the fairing. I've only owned black.

I did my outer rims a few weeks ago to see how they would look. This is an example of me just playing around with it. I hadn't scraped it off of the machined inner part of the wheel, but it came off easily. Now, I'm planning on doing the wheels like this in the coming weeks.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:28 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

awesome thread hear with great people excluding one member that's very annoying. took a while to read through the whole thread. traded in my "15" iron 883 for a "16" low rider in black, in September got 900 miles down so far love the bike since its a factory stage one I just want to work on looks for now tbars and Conley tsport fairing coming soon. also thinking about plasti dip on the tank
I get that alot

Old 11-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

awesome thread hear with great people excluding one member that's very annoying. took a while to read through the whole thread. traded in my "15" iron 883 for a "16" low rider in black, in September got 900 miles down so far love the bike since its a factory stage one I just want to work on looks for now tbars and Conley tsport fairing coming soon. also thinking about plasti dip on the tank
Good to hear from you. Welcome to the thread and the ranks of LR and LR S owners. What made you go with the LR? Post some pics when you get a chance.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:30 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Any LR or LR S owners have a helmet cam or a camera mounted to their bikes? I am currently researching the subject. Been wanting one for a year and now want to get something lined up for next spring.
I have the first GoPro Hero model and works great for motorcycling, Scuba and Snowboarding.

I'm sure the new ones are even better.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:22 AM
smalls78
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

If any of you LR folks have a set of your OEM mid controls laying around, (perhaps you went to forwards or something) I would buy them off of you.

Looking to put mid controls on my '14 FXDB and have learned the newer LR controls are pretty much the "further toward" controls I'm looking at for my bike.

Thanks!

Old 11-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by smalls78
If any of you LR folks have a set of your OEM mid controls laying around, (perhaps you went to forwards or something) I would buy them off of you.

Looking to put mid controls on my '14 FXDB and have learned the newer LR controls are pretty much the "further toward" controls I'm looking at for my bike.

Thanks!

A lot of LR owners did put on extended controls. You should have no problem finding a set. The stock mid-controls fit me perfectly so I kept mine. I sold the stock AC and exhaust. Stock AC sold quick. Took year to unload the stock exhuast.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:26 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Picture, just because I felt like it. Chrome laydown plate mount should be here soon, need to bug the dealer, been a week...

2014 Low Rider-vlfdxft.jpg

Oh, and I may have thrown this on the credit card, you know, because reasons...

http://www.bassanipipes.com/chromelo...-13111j-1.aspx

Old 11-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Picture, just because I felt like it. Chrome laydown plate mount should be here soon, need to bug the dealer, been a week...

Oh, and I may have thrown this on the credit card, you know, because reasons...

http://www.bassanipipes.com/chromelo...-13111j-1.aspx

I hate that I had to adjust my rear brake pedal. It definitely took away some responsiveness. The RR II header pipes go around the cone like the stock pipes do. I will end up dropping another $600+ on buying the RR II to replace my RR so I can adjust my pedal properly. Part# for the RR II is 1D18RB

Old 11-02-2016, 01:46 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Twospot
I hate that I had to adjust my rear brake pedal. It definitely took away some responsiveness. The RR II header pipes go around the cone like the stock pipes do. I will end up dropping another $600+ on buying the RR II to replace my RR so I can adjust my pedal properly. Part# for the RR II is 1D18RB
I find my foot resting on the brake pedal with how it sits now, sometimes engaging it without really noticing so shouldn't be too bad for me and my giant clown feet...lol

Old 11-02-2016, 02:55 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm thinking of just going with the firebrand slip on for the better sound. I like the torque of the 2-1 systems. Did a 2-2 on my last cruiser and even with a jet kit and proper tuning it felt like it lost some low end.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider