Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 11:28 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by DelRider
I finally got some time to get the new 2014 Low Rider out. With unbeleivably gorgeous riding weather, I headed over to the Ephrata First Sunday Ride In. Definitely check it out if you are in the SE PA, DE, MD area. I snapped a few pics along the way.

Bike is mostly stock. Only notable additions are an HD Oil Cooler, SE air cleaner, FL-ViEDs, ECM flash, and Drag Specialties sissy bar and luggage rack.

Cheers

Belt.of.Black - 2014 FXDL

I have the same color also. Also installed the FL-VIED, runs much cooler now and has a bit better throttle response. did you notice any difference with the stage 1 download? I would like to install the same air filter with only the FL-VIED and not the stage 1, also plan on removing the cat from the exhaust this winter.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:51 AM
My2Harleys
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
What I did was install the Screamin' Eagle Nightstick slip on and ended up with a 5 disk stack and the Supertrapp stainless steel open end cap. I am still running the stock headpipes with the catalytic converter in place. Nice sound at idle and constant speed cruising and lets out a great tone/volume level when twisting the go stick.

How are those end caps installed? Are they just drilled into the pipe? Bike looks sweet.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:41 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Hey modular, I ordered the SE Nightstick and the SS open end cap per your above pic...if you have a video available with this set up, can you post it? I've looked on you tube, but I can't find this set up on video...I'm hoping it has a bit of a deeper tone and less raspy than the video I saw with just the Nightstick with the closed end cap.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:14 PM
bob1200r
1st Gear

my LR! only mods are led headlight & tailight,sportster fairing,rear turn signal conversion to running lights

Old 09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bob1200r
my LR! only mods are led headlight & tailight,sportster fairing,rear turn signal conversion to running lights

Congrats...

Old 09-08-2014, 01:49 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by bob1200r

Like the fairing, let me know how the install went

Old 09-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Ministry
Intermediate

Really digging the new black magic color...

But man, what a pricey upgrade....

Old 09-08-2014, 04:49 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by My2Harleys
How are those end caps installed? Are they just drilled into the pipe? Bike looks sweet.
There are 6 allen head screws holding the end cap and tuning discs in place. The screw directly into the end of the muffler. Be warned, One of the allens they use, at least on mine, is a tamper resistant allen head. I have a set of tamper proof Torx keys that worked.

Originally Posted by SBRob
Hey modular, I ordered the SE Nightstick and the SS open end cap per your above pic...if you have a video available with this set up, can you post it? I've looked on you tube, but I can't find this set up on video...I'm hoping it has a bit of a deeper tone and less raspy than the video I saw with just the Nightstick with the closed end cap.
I have no video, sorry. I can tell you that with my 5 tuning disk stack and open end cap it is not raspy what-so-ever. As it sits, my bike has a "polite" idle and steady cruise sound and has a nice deep tone under acceleration that to me if just enough noise. It also helps that 2-1 exhaust's have a nice smooth sound.

That being said I do also have a FuelMoto tuned PCV and open intake for what that's worth to ya.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:01 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

Awesome...thanks for the reply.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:49 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Ministry
Really digging the new black magic color...

But man, what a pricey upgrade....
Saw that in person today, love the color but it's ruined by the pin striping on the tank and fenders if you ask me. I hate the pinstripe. That would turn me away from it immediately. The green is nice though

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider