Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 09:35 PM
rdunnill
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I have read every review of this bike posted online and none of them listed a 1/4-mile time. I tried searching online and found nothing.

The Low Rider should be good for a high 12 second 1/4, right?
12.192 by Cycle World's drag strip test.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:15 PM
gump305
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Well you can add me to the ever growing list of new Lowrider owners. Got a silver/black Lowrider still bone stock. It feels great getting back on a Dyna, it handles fantastic and the 103 in the Dyna chassis really pulls strong. Not to much planned in the way of mods, probably the Hd slip on and a windshield. Then the sissy bar and back rest, oh yeah and some new grips.

This makes my 4th Harley and I can say that the LR is the most fun o ride and I look for any excuse to hop on it and run down the highway. Looking forward to many years of riding and making it my own.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Ministry
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread, really enjoyed reading more about the low rider which I'm strongly considering for my next bike. Can any taller sized riders (I'm 6'3'') comment on the ergos...HD claims adjustability up to 6'1'' riders...wondering if anyone has those adjustments maxed out and whether further mods are needed.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:40 AM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ministry
Great thread, really enjoyed reading more about the low rider which I'm strongly considering for my next bike. Can any taller sized riders (I'm 6'3'') comment on the ergos...HD claims adjustability up to 6'1'' riders...wondering if anyone has those adjustments maxed out and whether further mods are needed.
I'm 5'10" and I couldn't wait to get fwd controls and floorboards on it. I have been on touring bikes since '85 and was cramped as hell. Can't imagine anyone your size riding it stock and enjoying it.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Ministry
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JefFLH
I'm 5'10" and I couldn't wait to get fwd controls and floorboards on it. I have been on touring bikes since '85 and was cramped as hell. Can't imagine anyone your size riding it stock and enjoying it.
I figured as much. There's just so much I like about the low rider (brakes, styling, and lower $$) but my size makes me think I should consider alternatives (fat bob, WG). It may come down to what's ergonomically better out of the gate, vs what I can mod later on. I also don't want to look like the bear riding a tricycle.

In any case, I'm probably going to have to give all 3 some decent seat time before I make my decision, but getting others opinion always helps.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:16 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

I figured as much. There's just so much I like about the low rider (brakes, styling, and lower $$) but my size makes me think I should consider alternatives (fat bob, WG). It may come down to what's ergonomically better out of the gate, vs what I can mod later on. I also don't want to look like the bear riding a tricycle.

In any case, I'm probably going to have to give all 3 some decent seat time before I make my decision, but getting others opinion always helps.

Although I am only 5'7" after riding sport touring machines for years, last one a BMW R1100RT, the low rider although a bit heavier actually feels lighter and steers easier. Also on the BMW, my legs were in the bent backwards position so the low rider is much more comfortable with my knees not so bent back.also I do not have to hyper extend my legs to touch the ground giving a bit more feeling of security. As for someone of your height, possibly a custom seat would be advisable.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:14 PM
dyna bomb
Cruiser

Does any know if the chrome V&H propipe will fit our low riders? If so part number please? Tried calling them but couldn't get a direct answer

Old 09-07-2014, 05:17 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

I would imagine that if you put forward controls on it, you would be comfortable. Once I got my legs stretched out, it was a totally different bike. I will tell you that it is a blast to ride after riding the Touring line for almost 30 years. I just picked up a Beemer for my touring needs. Should have it ready for spring.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 PM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pics of 2014 low Rider

I finally got some time to get the new 2014 Low Rider out. With unbeleivably gorgeous riding weather, I headed over to the Ephrata First Sunday Ride In. Definitely check it out if you are in the SE PA, DE, MD area. I snapped a few pics along the way.

Bike is mostly stock. Only notable additions are an HD Oil Cooler, SE air cleaner, FL-ViEDs, ECM flash, and Drag Specialties sissy bar and luggage rack.

Cheers

Belt.of.Black - 2014 FXDL

Old 09-07-2014, 10:03 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DelRider, I would like to know more about the oil cooler that you installed. All three of my previous Touring bikes came with one. I thought it was a little odd that the Dynas do not have them. Your bike looks great by the way.

Last edited by 2>4; 09-07-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider