Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
You are an Iron Man. I hate riding when it is 85 out.
93 degrees in my area, riding was tough today, I find the LR to very twitchy when it's hot like this....probably why they went to water cooling the bigger bikes!

Old 07-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron obsessed
93 degrees in my area, riding was tough today, I find the LR to very twitchy when it's hot like this....probably why they went to water cooling the bigger bikes!
My first 4 motorcycles were all air cooled. I learned about hot engines long ago. LR runs a lot better when it is 50-70 degrees.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:35 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron obsessed
What do you mean by "twitchy"?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by harley_grrl
Do you happen to have the detachable side plate kit on your bike? I do, and I noticed a rattle in that same rpm range. Drove me crazy until I figured out it was my detachable sissy bar. It was installed nice and tight, but that didn't matter, it would still chatter in that rpm range. I have the old school upright bar and am running it without a passenger pad, so there's nothing anchoring it in the center. Didn't do it with a bag strapped on.

Ended up custom cutting small pieces of electrical tape and wrapping the bar where it clamps onto the back tail light post. Can't see it at all...pretty low-tech solution. If you rev it up in neutral and can hear the noise, grab a hold of the sissy bar - if the noise stops, that's what it is. Just a possibility...
Good to hear from you. Been a while. What is going on with your LR?

Old 07-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
What do you mean by "twitchy"?
I find the idle to bounce more then usual in the heat and throttle response becomes a bit abrupt on take off...

The following users liked this post:
hd4evr2008 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 12:04 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Finally got a chance for a little riding this morning. Going a week between rides is not easy.

Anyone see Cycle World lately? The LR S was on their 2016 Top 10 List. Nice to see the LR getting some praise.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:15 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

so i have been reading that there have been issues with 06+ hd's and their inner primary bearings. Does anyone know if the moco has done anything thing to resolve the issues with bad IPB's? I am getting this annoying squeak/rattle in 1st and 2nd gear at 3K rpm. I have checked everything except the primary, and cannot find anything rubbing....

Old 07-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
so i have been reading that there have been issues with 06+ hd's and their inner primary bearings. Does anyone know if the moco has done anything thing to resolve the issues with bad IPB's? I am getting this annoying squeak/rattle in 1st and 2nd gear at 3K rpm. I have checked everything except the primary, and cannot find anything rubbing....
Good question. I have not experienced this but perhaps someone has an answer?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Ed Grez
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Since I've removed the baffle, it's become a little more lean. It's not bad, but its notifiable. If the tuner doesn't clean it up, I guess I will end up buying a new pipe at some point as well.
Did you completely remove the baffle and leave the cat?
How does it sound?

I drilled the center out of the "plug" and some holes around the outlet of the baffle and got all the packing out. Could still use a little more sound.

I also have a K&N intake with the V&H FP3, great combo, runs nice.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:12 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Grez
Did you completely remove the baffle and leave the cat?
How does it sound?

I drilled the center out of the "plug" and some holes around the outlet of the baffle and got all the packing out. Could still use a little more sound.

I also have a K&N intake with the V&H FP3, great combo, runs nice.
It sounded much better without the baffle altogether. I heard very little difference when I just drilled out the plug and put a few holes in the end of the silencer.

I also installed a a lollipop baffle to create some back pressure. I completely removed the baffle, but left that cat

I rode with it like that for about a month. It was much better than stock, but it's still a far cry from my TBR exhaust.

The following users liked this post:
Ed Grez (07-26-2016)

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider