Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 07:55 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Iron Obsessed, what rear suspension is that? What differences did it make and do you like it?

Old 07-20-2016, 08:16 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
Iron Obsessed, what rear suspension is that? What differences did it make and do you like it?
There supershox, there .5" longer then stock, hand adjustable and had them PC the springs. Absolutely makes a difference, especially 2 up. Really smooth, total confidence in the twisties.
Would absolutely recommend!
There customer service was excellent.

The following users liked this post:
JoshFXDL (07-22-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:36 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Has anyone had issues with an unidentified rattle/squeaking from the rear of their LR? for some reason I get this noise around 3K rpms. I have checked every bolt and everything is tight, nothing seems loose....could the belt be making this noise if it was too tight? but if it was the belt, why would the noise only come at 3K rpms, wouldnt it make noise throughout the rpm range? any help is appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
Has anyone had issues with an unidentified rattle/squeaking from the rear of their LR? for some reason I get this noise around 3K rpms. I have checked every bolt and everything is tight, nothing seems loose....could the belt be making this noise if it was too tight? but if it was the belt, why would the noise only come at 3K rpms, wouldnt it make noise throughout the rpm range? any help is appreciated, thanks.

Approaching 10000 miles on my LR and have not expereinced anything like what you describe.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Anyone see Cycleworld lately? Annual 10 Best List for 2016 is out and the LR S is on it:

http://www.cycleworld.com/best-cruis...on-low-rider-s

Comes as no suprise to me. The LR and LR S rule.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Nasty heat wave in IL. Have not been able to ride since Tues. Weekend is a wash. Hot and rain. Looks like it may not be until the end of next week that I can resume riding. Going 9-11 days without riding stinks.

Anyone else have their LRs parked?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Nasty heat wave in IL. Have not been able to ride since Tues. Weekend is a wash. Hot and rain. Looks like it may not be until the end of next week that I can resume riding. Going 9-11 days without riding stinks.

Anyone else have their LRs parked?
its 108 in so cal....still riding everyday though!

Old 07-22-2016, 03:26 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

"Dry Heat"

Old 07-22-2016, 04:11 PM
harley_grrl
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you happen to have the detachable side plate kit on your bike? I do, and I noticed a rattle in that same rpm range. Drove me crazy until I figured out it was my detachable sissy bar. It was installed nice and tight, but that didn't matter, it would still chatter in that rpm range. I have the old school upright bar and am running it without a passenger pad, so there's nothing anchoring it in the center. Didn't do it with a bag strapped on.

Ended up custom cutting small pieces of electrical tape and wrapping the bar where it clamps onto the back tail light post. Can't see it at all...pretty low-tech solution. If you rev it up in neutral and can hear the noise, grab a hold of the sissy bar - if the noise stops, that's what it is. Just a possibility...

The following users liked this post:
emperor wurm (07-22-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

You are an Iron Man. I hate riding when it is 85 out.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider