Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
Yes but I think something better than a T shirt should be worn when pushing the limits like that.
Agreed. Was that rider one of those HD Low Rider stunt drivers?

Old 07-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Twospot
Yeah, this went viral. I think the guy is an idiot. YOu want to ride like that, go to a track. The only thing I'll say is that I do wish I had the ***** and skills to be able to ride like that.... At a track though. Idiotic on real roads.
I believe that was a professional rider on the LR. I would not attempt that kind of riding on the streets.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:01 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Like my 2014 but not liking idle and stalling issues again . Went through that a few times on my 07. I thought in 7 years the MoCo would have squared that away...not! Yes ive cleaned the IDK next ill check crank , throttle position senor but its still a PITA

Old 07-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Like my 2014 but not liking idle and stalling issues again . Went through that a few times on my 07. I thought in 7 years the MoCo would have squared that away...not! Yes ive cleaned the IDK next ill check crank , throttle position senor but its still a PITA
Do not recall seeing you before. Welcome to the thread. What mods have you done to your motor? I have never had a stalling or idle issue. How long has your bike had these problems? Do you do your own work or take it to a dealer?

Old 07-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I didn't realize there was a thread on it. I seen it on FB and thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Super08
I didn't realize there was a thread on it. I seen it on FB and thought you guys would get a kick out of it.
I had never seen it before. Video shows how great the LR is.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:50 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Do not recall seeing you before. Welcome to the thread. What mods have you done to your motor? I have never had a stalling or idle issue. How long has your bike had these problems? Do you do your own work or take it to a dealer?
thanks been on HD Forums since 2006 not sure about this particular thread. There are plenty of 2014 LR with similar idle and stalling issues and all other models as well. I never take my bikes to a dealer if need to be worked on by others its independent shop or myself. I just finished a few weeks back putting hard bags and few engine mods. Also getting rid of my Bassani and put my old faithful TH back on thanks.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:56 AM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
what idling issues are you having, mine idles around 1000 rpm, never had any stalling, have you had the ignition switch recall completed?

Old 07-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Made it to a Demo Day event today. Been wanting to demo a LR S ever since I heard about the LR S. Sadly, I could not make the one in May that was 6-7 miles from my home because of a back/disc issue. Had to drive 72-75 miles (each way) to make the one today.

The dealer hosting the event could have done a better job. First, on the dealer webpage, it stated that you should call the dealership and reserve the bike(s) you wanted to demo. I had been to two previous demo events and recalled you signed up at the event. Any way, I called on Tues. Person 1 at the dealer did not know anything and handed me to person number 2 who did not know anything. Person 3 told me that the guy taking the reservations (Bobby) was at lunch. So I called back after lunch and spoke to Bobby who explained that you could not sign up in advance. I asked then why did it say so on the dealer's webpage. Bobby said a new girl did that. I advised it might be wise to correct the error. FYI, I checked back on Sat and the call the dealer and reserve the bike was still on the dealer page.

I went today. According to dealer webpage, first rides were to start at 10 AM. I got there a little after 9 AM. Found out that was an error also. Rides did not start until 11 AM. Anyway, I rode the LR S twice back to back. It was only me and one other guy out on the firs two rides. I rode this bike:

It will come as no surprise that I really liked the bike. I liked the true mid-mount controls of the LR S better than the standard LR forward mid-mount controls. I also liked the solo seat more than the two-up seat of the standard LR. The LR S bars were farther forward than I would have liked but not too far forward to be a problem. I like the adjustable bars of the LR better than the drag bar of the LR S.

I liked that the LR S came with the SE intake and a small windscreen. The small windscreen provided more wind protection than I thought it would have.

I can see myself getting a LR S if no LR CVO is out. I would really love a LR CVO 117 or 120 but if not my next bike would be a LR S with the 110. I hope for 2017 the LR S offers some different paint options.

Last edited by Ikelove; 07-10-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:52 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Made it to a Demo Day event today. Been wanting to demo a LR S ever since I heard about the LR S. Sadly, I could not make the one in May that was 6-7 miles from my home because of a back/disc issue. Had to drive 72-75 miles (each way) to make the one today.

The dealer hosting the event could have done a better job. First, on the dealer webpage, it stated that you should call the dealership and reserve the bike(s) you wanted to demo. I had been to two previous demo events and recalled you signed up at the event. Any way, I called on Tues. Person 1 at the dealer did not know anything and handed me to person number 2 who did not know anything. Person 3 told me that the guy taking the reservations (Bobby) was at lunch. So I called back after lunch and spoke to Bobby who explained that you could not sign up in advance. I asked then why did it say so on the dealer's webpage. Bobby said a new girl did that. I advised it might be wise to correct the error. FYI, I checked back on Sat and the call the dealer and reserve the bike was still on the dealer page.

I went today. According to dealer webpage, first rides were to start at 10 AM. I got there a little after 9 AM. Found out that was an error also. Rides did not start until 11 AM. Anyway, I rode the LR S twice back to back. It was only me and one other guy out on the firs two rides. I rode this bike:

It will come as no surprise that I really liked the bike. I liked the true mid-mount controls of the LR S better than the standard LR forward mid-mount controls. I also liked the solo seat more than the two-up seat of the standard LR. The LR S bars were farther forward than I would have liked but not too far forward to be a problem. I like the adjustable bars of the LR better than the drag bar of the LR S.

I liked that the LR S came with the SE intake and a small windscreen. The small windscreen provided more wind protection than I thought it would have.

I can see myself getting a LR S if no LR CVO is out. I would really love a LR CVO 117 or 120 but if not my next bike would be a LR S with the 110. I hope for 2017 the LR S offers some different paint options.
Thanks for review Ike! Could you tell much difference as far as power goes between the S and your bike?

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider