Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

How's the factory seat for comfort? I love the look HD created with it.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:50 AM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
It is ok, changed mine within 100 miles

Old 09-02-2014, 06:56 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

the ridin position and shape are great. the foam is not the best but overall it is a good seat.

i rode my 14 lowrider from San Antonio to sturgis and back with the stock seat and it was pretty good. i did take the metal hd thing out halfway through the trip because i thought i was bothering my tailbone, but once i got back home i put it back on

Old 09-02-2014, 09:18 AM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Seat itself is just ok ... but rest of ride is good so seat isn't a deal-breaker. Stock it's better than my sportster with mustang seat and air shocks.

If I was going to do long rides (4+ hours many days in a row) I would change seats.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by toeknee610
I just prefer mags over spokes, just what I like...I don't know anything about the pro pipe or the bassani mega power but the on the bassani I do have I noticed that the coating on the back cylinder heat shield is getting jacked from the heat. But I also have the black heat shields so who knows maybe the chrome would hold up better.
I also like the mags. I would not want any wheel that one could not run a tubeless tire. have found a nail in tubeless tires before without sudden air loss, and you can usually do an emergency repair if needed. the only spoke wheel that I know of that can run tubeless are made by BMW.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:39 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

I agree it is not too bad for solo, however is horrible for a passenger. I picked up a sundowner on ebay as a lot of my riding is 2 up.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Jimbo33
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find the stock seat without the pad to be very comfortable. The problem is that the passenger seat is too narrow. I frequently ride 2 up and have only taken 2 trips on it. Passenger starts to complain after 100mi and looking at the seat I can see her point.

I tried the sundowner at the dealer last week with my passenger and she loved it but it is a lot taller then the stock seat and it pushes me forward into a seating position much like the stock seat with the pad. The dealer had another seat there similar to the Sundowner but lower and it had cloth like inserts in the seating area but I ran out of time, I will try it next time.

Any suggestions?

2014 Black Low Rider
Back rest/Luggage Rack
Harley Saddle Bags
ABS/Security

Old 09-03-2014, 12:43 PM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 194 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo33
I find the stock seat without the pad to be very comfortable. The problem is that the passenger seat is too narrow. I frequently ride 2 up and have only taken 2 trips on it. Passenger starts to complain after 100mi and looking at the seat I can see her point.

I tried the sundowner at the dealer last week with my passenger and she loved it but it is a lot taller then the stock seat and it pushes me forward into a seating position much like the stock seat with the pad. The dealer had another seat there similar to the Sundowner but lower and it had cloth like inserts in the seating area but I ran out of time, I will try it next time.

Any suggestions?

2014 Black Low Rider
Back rest/Luggage Rack
Harley Saddle Bags
ABS/Security
I have the Signature Series Seat w/Rider Backrest (P/N 52000015) on a Switchback now, and I plan to transplant it onto my 2015 LowRider when it gets here in a couple of weeks. Kind of pricey, but VERY comfortable, especially with the rider backrest installed (a 2 second process). Passenger portion is also good for all day riding. It's as comfortable, if not moreso, that the Mustang seat I used to have, and not nearly as ugly!

Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice. Replaced with Mustang Wide Solo

Old 09-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Went by the dealer yesterday and said I could get the deal of the century on a LR b/c they had several in stock and they weren't good sellers. Not sure what that means but it doesn't inspire confidence that they'll continue with the model either. Bike seems much smaller than I remember but my last HD was a road glide.

I still think they look cool.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider