Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:47 AM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Glad to hear it has been made right.

I am at about 8400 miles and will be getting my replacement ignition next week.
Better slow down Ike, before ya know it you're going to have a high mileage bike. Now that goes to show good things do come to those that wait.
See I told ya I'd be back to bother y'all.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:01 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Well, I just got back from a 90 mile ride this morning(the mileage is now at 10,200 miles) and I believe my LR must be some kind of freak bike(for a Harley Davidson)...I mean it runs better than ever and the low to mid range torque is better than ever(I think the engine is some kind of freak because it runs too good, really) and the handling is great too.

I can take my hands off the bars and the bike tracks perfectly straight, it doesn't lean/veer to the left or to the right...I mean WTH is up with that?

Then, the grand finale...the gas mileage actually improved to 45.2 mpg. It usually gets 42-44 mpg, and I don't baby the bike at all.

I think my bike is possessed....it runs too good to be a Harley Davidson.

The following users liked this post:
A1A (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 01:55 PM
LowRider289
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone removed the black stickers from the rear fender strut? Before I peel them off, How does the metal look underneath?

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by A1A
Better slow down Ike, before ya know it you're going to have a high mileage bike. Now that goes to show good things do come to those that wait.
See I told ya I'd be back to bother y'all.
My riding will slow down a lot as we get into July and Aug. I do not ride in hot weather. I am getting all the riding in now that I can before things slow down for July and Aug.

If HD offers a LR CVO 117 for 2017 or 2018, I will be one of the first to get one.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Ike,
Ride like we do down here in Florida in the heat and humidity. Start your ride at 08:00 am. Make sure your back home by 12:00 pm and in the A/C house. Also drink water lots of water.

The following users liked this post:
SBRob (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 07:44 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by A1A
Ike,
Ride like we do down here in Florida in the heat and humidity. Start your ride at 08:00 am. Make sure your back home by 12:00 pm and in the A/C house. Also drink water lots of water.
This is good advise...here in SE Texas the heat and humidity is already climbing. I usually leave for my rides at about 9am and return by 11:30am, no later than 12:00pm.

Works well for me.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If I didn't ride when it's hot I wouldn't be riding. Work as an usher for the local baseball team which means riding at 4:00-5:00 in the afternoon. Recently the heat index at that time has been 105f+. Even when I head home after the game the heat index is over 90f. I actually worry more about the bike than me.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:32 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
Believe it or not I would probably go to an Adv bike. I am super short so my only real choice in that area would be a BMW since they offer lower seats. They have a version with factory lowered suspension, but I may just get some links to bring it down. This will hold more interest with the full suspension if I ever sold it. I love my LR, but there are factors in play (non-financial, more personal) that is leaning me. However I am still in the early thought process around it. In the meantime I need to get my 10k service done. Was going to do it myself, but if I decide to sell I may pay an Indy to do it so it is done right (well, better than I would do it LOL).
Twospot, the BMW is a fine machine. (The GS650/700 twin is very utilitarian.) The big GS1200 is 100 lbs too heavy. If you are set to go "adventure" biking, then take a look at the Triumph triples. They have a new "low" version that riders seem to like.
From my personal experience~
I have a 2012 Triumph 800XC Tiger that has been all over the Western US with me aboard. 33,XXX miles so far. Since I have an "XC," the front tire is BIAS ply and the rear is RADIAL ply. It comes from Triumph this way. Because of this, the front wears out before the rear does. If you plan on riding heavy duty off road, then tires are going to be a tough choice. The bike is so fast, that it's hard to find a tire that can handle the bike's performance capabilities. (Remember, it has a 21"er up front.) There are aggressive "knobby" type tires that are DOT legal, but they are positively dangerous when it comes to high speed tarmac use (>100mph.)
Socal labrat has an 800 Triumph Tiger "Roadie." She has about 13,000 miles on hers. Both bikes have been very good. The "Roadie" has a 19" front tire, and there are a few more choices for tires. You can find or talk to me or the lab rat on here or BBO.

I have 4 bikes in my garage. 2 are FXD's, and 2 are Tiger 800's. That should tell you what I think of both bikes.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Well, I just got back from a 90 mile ride this morning(the mileage is now at 10,200 miles) and I believe my LR must be some kind of freak bike(for a Harley Davidson)...I mean it runs better than ever and the low to mid range torque is better than ever(I think the engine is some kind of freak because it runs too good, really) and the handling is great too.

I can take my hands off the bars and the bike tracks perfectly straight, it doesn't lean/veer to the left or to the right...I mean WTH is up with that?

Then, the grand finale...the gas mileage actually improved to 45.2 mpg. It usually gets 42-44 mpg, and I don't baby the bike at all.

I think my bike is possessed....it runs too good to be a Harley Davidson.
went on a 200mi ride today with the wife on back, 17,300 total miles, bike runs fantastic, handles great thru the twisty mountain roads even riding double, brakes provide excellent stopping power. only things I miss from the BMW R1100RT is the larger fuel capacity and saddle bag capacity, can not think of anything would trade the LR for.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:38 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by A1A
Ike,
Good advice but I mostly use my bike for commuting to work. The morning ride is never the problem for me. It is the return ride home from work that is the problem. I usually leave work between 4-5 PM. When it gets hot like it does in July and Aug, then I ride on the weekends. Leave early in the morning and return home by Noon.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider