Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 07:54 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Things are being made right. I'm thankful for that alone .

Old 06-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by smeagol
I took my 2014 LR in to the dealer and got the ignition swap done last week. New keys came with it.

I'm putting forward controls on it this week. Just got the parts today.
Hey man, let me know how this goes. I am looking to put the reduced reach forwards on (same process). I have very little mechanical experience. I've done my turn signal relo, exhaust and a/c. This will be an undertaking for me because it looks like the whole primary needs to come off. Any tips will be much appreciated. I saw a cheat where someone uses a saw blade to cut the part you need to remove rather than pulling the whole primary off. My luck I'll scratch a bunch of stuff up. Seems like it will take at least a good hour of sawing LOL.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Things are being made right. I'm thankful for that alone .

The BS you have been dealing with has reached biblical proportions. Save it all for the many surveys you will be getting.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

I'm getting screwed on my recall. My bike has been sitting in the shop since tuesday waiting for parts. I was told Harley is doing wave shipments. Well I called this morning to find out still no parts. I called another Harley dealer and they actually put in some effort (knowing my bike was already at another Harley) and told me the wave is lifted and all they need to do is fill out the form off the website fax it over and the parts coming either the next day or two days. They have done several like this. I called my Harley back and the lady said "Joe" just checked a day or two ago and they were still doing wave shipments. She said she would talk to him again. Still waiting for a call back. It is supposed to be an absolutely gorgeous weekend and I have no bike. I may go get it back and take it to the other Harley. Unfortunately that Harley is about an hour and 15 minutes away and they would still need it for a couple of days. If I don't hear anything in another hour I am calling to get my bike out and schedule with the other Harley next week.

Funny thing is I test rode my FXDL at this other dealer. They only had the white/blue in stock which I didn't like so I bought the black from the HArley 10 minutes away. I like my sales guy a lot, but the rest of the place sucks.

Originally Posted by Ikelove
The BS you have been dealing with has reached biblical proportions. Save it all for the many surveys you will be getting.
Tru dat

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-09-2017 at 04:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
betho61 (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 01:51 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
I'm getting screwed on my recall.
It always seems to come as a surprise to people until they find out what "Recall" really stands for...RECtum insertion for ALL

Last edited by multihdrdr; 06-17-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:11 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Update on my recall fiasco......

Dealer found my ignition switch bad....huh, you don't say??? Then they proceeded to tell me that my VIN has a block on it (Blocked VEL FODFD-Cannot Perform Recall). Somehow Corp put this on my VIN saying the ignition switch had been modified and is no longer covered under either the recall or my extended warranty. WTF???????????????????

Another call to Corp for me. The lady I spoke to verified this info. We discussed what has happened to date. She could not understand the VIN block. One call to my dealer from her verifying that the switch was OEM and the block will be removed. My bike still may not fall under the recall but I will be getting a new switch keyed to the original under the extended warranty. Whatever, at least it'll be fixed. 2 weeks for the new switch to show up since it has to be keyed to my original.
Okay, now I'm totally confused. Your saying your bike had the scheduled (ignition recall) accomplished & replaced by your dealer, right? But that is when you started having the ignition issues after the service, right? Then somebody put a Vin blockage on your bike, correct? Which indicated the ignition was no longer covered under recall or warranty, right? You called corporate discussed the situation. Corporate talked to your dealer. My question is who put the Vin block on your bike anyway dealer or corporate? Who removed the Vin block the dealer or corporate?
Happy to hear Mr HD is going to make it all good for you. I feel your pain my friend. What year is Low Rider?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:30 PM
A1A
Tourer

I'm getting screwed on my recall. My bike has been sitting in the shop since tuesday waiting for parts. I was told Harley is doing wave shipments. Well I called this morning to find out still no parts. I called another Harley dealer and they actually put in some effort (knowing my bike was already at another Harley) and told me the wave is lifted and all they need to do is fill out the form off the website fax it over and the parts coming either the next day or two days. They have done several like this. I called my Harley back and the lady said "Joe" just checked a day or two ago and they were still doing wave shipments. She said she would talk to him again. Still waiting for a call back. It is supposed to be an absolutely gorgeous weekend and I have no bike. I may go get it back and take it to the other Harley. Unfortunately that Harley is about an hour and 15 minutes away and they would still need it for a couple of days. If I don't hear anything in another hour I am calling to get my bike out and schedule with the other Harley next week.

Funny thing is I test rode my FXDL at this other dealer. They only had the white/blue in stock which I didn't like so I bought the black from the HArley 10 minutes away. I like my sales guy a lot, but the rest of the place sucks.
Once the dealer has your bike under recall in there possession. They are not authorized to release it until the (Recall) has been accomplished.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by A1A
Once the dealer has your bike under recall in there possession. They are not authorized to release it until the (Recall) has been accomplished.
Nope not true. Incredible timing of your post as I was about to post an update.

So I never heard back from the dealer. I ended up calling and got the same lady I spoke to on the phone. Miraculously, they were able to order the kit and it will be there Monday. So I asked if I could pickup the bike and bring it back Monday morning. The answer was yes. The bike is home and was happily ridden today.

So apparently the shipping wave is over and they can order the kit at will.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:45 PM
A1A
Tourer

Nope not true. Incredible timing of your post as I was about to post an update.

So I never heard back from the dealer. I ended up calling and got the same lady I spoke to on the phone. Miraculously, they were able to order the kit and it will be there Monday. So I asked if I could pickup the bike and bring it back Monday morning. The answer was yes. The bike is home and was happily ridden today.

So apparently the shipping wave is over and they can order the kit at will.
Glad to hear they actually let you pick up your bike. Enjoy your weekend riding my friend. All I can say is the dealers aren't as strict up north. Compared to what my dealer told me.

The following users liked this post:
Twospot (06-22-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 06:00 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by A1A
Your saying your bike had the scheduled (ignition recall) accomplished & replaced by your dealer, right?
Only the initial recall for the bracket (recall 0158) was done last week as it had never been. That's when I first was told my bike was not eligible for the newest 0168 recall.

Originally Posted by A1A
But that is when you started having the ignition issues after the service, right?
That is correct.

Originally Posted by A1A
Then somebody put a Vin blockage on your bike, correct? Which indicated the ignition was no longer covered under recall or warranty, right?
I not sure when nor who instilled the VIN block at this point. Is sounded like only Corp. could place and remove them after the phone call with theh second customer service rep.

Originally Posted by A1A
What year is Low Rider?
2014.5 with a 01/14 build date.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider