Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
I finally had the selling dealer perform the recall after the latest notice came out. Dealer was told by H-D that my bike only falls under the first recall due to the "configuration" whatever that's supposed to mean. The customer service rep at corporate told me then same thing yesterday after researching this and calling me back. Bike in the shop for almost a week because they had to order the kit for the first recall. Got the bike back Thursday. Swung a leg over it Sunday. Guess what, the bike died 5 times in less than a mile. So back it goes. They replaced the bracket and NOW I have the issue that was NEVER there before. All of this happened between 3-5K RPM.

Here is my list of things that I complained about to both Corporate and the dealer service manager:

1) Bike will now not stay running
2) The Battery Tender pigtail was changed for some strange reason????????
3) Scratches on left side of tank from what looks like an air hose
4) Right footpeg rubber pulled almost halfway off
5) Collector heat shield top bracket for worm gear clamp broken

This bike was flawless when I gave it to the delivery driver.

I have opened up a service request with H-D and have spoken with them over this issue. Obviously not anywhere near happy with this. The selling dealer will fix this. I will not take it to another one. I firmly believe in ownership of responsibility.
Definitely keep us updated on this situation. My dealer has a waiting room with a massive window running the length of the shop. I always watch what is being done to my bike.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Definitely keep us updated on this situation. My dealer has a waiting room with a massive window running the length of the shop. I always watch what is being done to my bike.
Its to bad all dealers don't have a window in all waiting rooms like yours. It would be nice to see the work being done on your bike.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:12 AM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Safety Recall

I haven't seen this question, but what happens if your bike is your means of transportation, (wife uses only vehicle for work) then shouldn't they provide you with a bike until you get yours back at HD expense? just curious, I'm taking mine in today so i'll probably check on that.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

They have loaners. The number of them depends on the dealer. My dealer has 3. I was trying to get one but they said they were all out. I am not sure of the criteria for them to issue.

The following users liked this post:
betho61 (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 12:22 PM
betho61
Tourer

Originally Posted by betho61
I haven't seen this question, but what happens if your bike is your means of transportation, (wife uses only vehicle for work) then shouldn't they provide you with a bike until you get yours back at HD expense? just curious, I'm taking mine in today so i'll probably check on that.
well, not surprised, took in this morning for my 10 AM appointment, but they didn't have the replacement parts, so now i have to wait until it gets shipped in, then they'll call me for another appointment, so anyone looking to get this done make sure they have your parts in first.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by A1A
Its to bad all dealers don't have a window in all waiting rooms like yours. It would be nice to see the work being done on your bike.

All dealers should. No reason a customer should not be able to see what is happening. The wall that separates the shop area from the waiting at my dealer is actually almost entirely a wall of glass as opposed to a window or two. Have had my bike in twice for servicing--1K and 5K and both times watched my bike being worked on.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by betho61
well, not surprised, took in this morning for my 10 AM appointment, but they didn't have the replacement parts, so now i have to wait until it gets shipped in, then they'll call me for another appointment, so anyone looking to get this done make sure they have your parts in first.
I'm in the same boat. My bike is sitting there waiting for the kit. They told me they only ship about 5 at a time to each dealer, that this early in a recall they do not fedex on demand. They told me they should have them in this week and there will be enough to cover my bike. I hope so because it's going to be a nice weekend and after only one day I am going through withdrawals LOL.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:57 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Had first ignition recall done a year+ ago along with 1000 mile service. Got my HD mailing this week so called to schedule this new recall. Was told they only got 2 kits in and are waiting for more. They also said they would call everyone on list as kits came in. Will be interesting to see how long it takes. Hope it doesn't die at the wrong time/place in the meantime!

Old 06-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ikelove
All dealers should. No reason a customer should not be able to see what is happening. The wall that separates the shop area from the waiting at my dealer is actually almost entirely a wall of glass as opposed to a window or two. Have had my bike in twice for servicing--1K and 5K and both times watched my bike being worked on.
The waiting area for my service department is actually by the bathrooms where all the moto clothes stuff is, far from the actual service area.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:13 PM
betho61
Tourer

Originally Posted by Twospot
I'm in the same boat. My bike is sitting there waiting for the kit. They told me they only ship about 5 at a time to each dealer, that this early in a recall they do not fedex on demand. They told me they should have them in this week and there will be enough to cover my bike. I hope so because it's going to be a nice weekend and after only one day I am going through withdrawals LOL.
you should check to see when the parts are coming in, if not for a few days, then go pick it up and enjoy it while it's nice enough to ride, that's just me, i don't trust dealers enough to leave my bike there.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider