Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:50 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
You are the first to bring it up. Anyone else?
Not mine. Well it does look a little grey in the photo, but I think it's because the sun is shining on it. Now I'm starting to think I'm color blind

Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 PM
kit05
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Not mine. Well it does look a little grey in the photo, but I think it's because the sun is shining on it. Now I'm starting to think I'm color blind

looks grey to me

Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by kit05
looks grey to me
I think you are right. I've just never noticed it before. When it's in the shade it looks black, but in sunlight it does appear to be grey.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:36 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

I finally had the selling dealer perform the recall after the latest notice came out. Dealer was told by H-D that my bike only falls under the first recall due to the "configuration" whatever that's supposed to mean. The customer service rep at corporate told me then same thing yesterday after researching this and calling me back. Bike in the shop for almost a week because they had to order the kit for the first recall. Got the bike back Thursday. Swung a leg over it Sunday. Guess what, the bike died 5 times in less than a mile. So back it goes. They replaced the bracket and NOW I have the issue that was NEVER there before. All of this happened between 3-5K RPM.

Here is my list of things that I complained about to both Corporate and the dealer service manager:

1) Bike will now not stay running
2) The Battery Tender pigtail was changed for some strange reason????????
3) Scratches on left side of tank from what looks like an air hose
4) Right footpeg rubber pulled almost halfway off
5) Collector heat shield top bracket for worm gear clamp broken

This bike was flawless when I gave it to the delivery driver.

I have opened up a service request with H-D and have spoken with them over this issue. Obviously not anywhere near happy with this. The selling dealer will fix this. I will not take it to another one. I firmly believe in ownership of responsibility.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:06 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,297 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
I finally had the selling dealer perform the recall after the latest notice came out. Dealer was told by H-D that my bike only falls under the first recall due to the "configuration" whatever that's supposed to mean. The customer service rep at corporate told me then same thing yesterday after researching this and calling me back. Bike in the shop for almost a week because they had to order the kit for the first recall. Got the bike back Thursday. Swung a leg over it Sunday. Guess what, the bike died 5 times in less than a mile. So back it goes. They replaced the bracket and NOW I have the issue that was NEVER there before. All of this happened between 3-5K RPM.

Here is my list of things that I complained about to both Corporate and the dealer service manager:

I have opened up a service request with H-D and have spoken with them over this issue. Obviously not anywhere near happy with this. The selling dealer will fix this. I will not take it to another one. I firmly believe in ownership of responsibility.
Damn, that's horrible.

Hope they get everything resolved to your satisfaction quickly.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:07 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Sorry your having problems. I'm getting close to the point where I'm not going to bring my bike in for the recall and just keep riding as is.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:16 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Sorry your having problems. I'm getting close to the point where I'm not going to bring my bike in for the recall and just keep riding as is.
While your ridin' and sayin' "F that Recall" what do you think about?

This?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:40 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

This?

yes I do. I think I think about it at least three times per hour.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

That really sucks man. I truly hope all of this gets worked out.

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

This?

What seat is that?

I just dropped my bike off this morning for the recall. Not sure when I'll have it back. I am hoping by the weeknd since its supposed to be beautiful out. They have done 5 recalls so far. They are telling me that MoCo just sends them 5 kits at a time. They have two others on the lift waiting and mine that just came in. She said she is confident the kits will be in this week and I would be number 3 out of the 5. We'll see. If I don't hear anything by Friday I may call some other dealers and see what they say. I have heard on the thread here that dealers are having them sent overnight. Not sure what to believe.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-09-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:32 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
What seat is that?
i think it's an RSD and probably not for a dyna. It was an i want to be Inside her Joke for Squishy.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider