Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
I got a recall as well. this will be the third ignition switch on the bike....
I think you got the record in that department. I am still on the one that came with the bike. Mine works fine.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:44 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
I got a recall as well. this will be the third ignition switch on the bike....
I am still on the original with 17k miles, although is going in Saturday for the change out. wonder how many actually failed. still think the switch should be mounded on the frame, not the engine. am actually a bit afraid to have it done, first because it has not been a problem on mine and 2nd, do not have much confidence in the dealer service dept.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
I am still on the original with 17k miles, although is going in Saturday for the change out. wonder how many actually failed. still think the switch should be mounded on the frame, not the engine. am actually a bit afraid to have it done, first because it has not been a problem on mine and 2nd, do not have much confidence in the dealer service dept.

Good to know that you got 17000 miles on the original ignition. I am approaching 8000 miles on mine. I also have concerns with my HD dealer's service department. Some of the guys are really good and others not so much.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Good to know that you got 17000 miles on the original ignition. I am approaching 8000 miles on mine. I also have concerns with my HD dealer's service department. Some of the guys are really good and others not so much.
Same concern for me, when mine goes in on Tuesday. Not a fan of the service department.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:16 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Took mine in last Saturday because the front brake light switch failed. Got the recall letter in the mail Monday on the ignition switch. Called them and they said they had the parts in stock to do both. I'll hopefully have my bike back tomorrow.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:33 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Talk about not trusting the dealer service dept., my dealer has had my bike for 2 1/2 weeks trying to fix a starting problem.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Talk about not trusting the dealer service dept., my dealer has had my bike for 2 1/2 weeks trying to fix a starting problem.
Yeah it sounds like you're getting jerked around pretty bad. Has this gotten up to the owner of that store yet? If not I'd be in there all the time looking for him

The following users liked this post:
hd4evr2008 (06-09-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Appears concerns over the skills of those in the service department is one we all share. When I bought my bike, part of the deal was for the dealer to do the Stage 1. First time I stopped by, a young kid in the service department told me he put the pipes and AC on and had to auto tune the stock map because I did not have a custom map to install. I told him that there was a custom map on the PV2 tuner. He checked and found it and then re-flashed the drive. I asked how he did not know that. He had no good answer.

When I picked the bike up, it was released to me without the dealer clearing an error code causing the check engine light to be on. When I took it back, they cleared the code but discovered the kid had improperly run the PV2 cord on the outside of the bike and just put the battery box cover over the cord. So, they had to fix two problems.

A few days later I had to come back because my AC was falling off. The tech did not use the required lock-tite. I did not know this at the time. All they did was super torque the DK Customs breather bolts--which unknown to me cracked one of the breather bolts. Discovered all this at the 1000 mile service. Service Manager showed me the bolts and agreed there was no lock-tite ever applied.

So, I am as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when it comes to my local HD service department.

The following users liked this post:
hd4evr2008 (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 12:12 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Update: The service mgr. just called me and gave the latest status on my no start issues. They have had the no start issue themselves in the shop, but when it happens they haven't been able to locate the problem. So they called Harley corporate center to get some advice, and they told them, since they cannot locate the trouble, to just go ahead and replace EVERYTHING in the starting system. They are going to overnight the parts, so the bike should be done the first of next week. All under warranty. Guess that's all I can ask.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Update: The service mgr. just called me and gave the latest status on my no start issues. They have had the no start issue themselves in the shop, but when it happens they haven't been able to locate the problem. So they called Harley corporate center to get some advice, and they told them, since they cannot locate the trouble, to just go ahead and replace EVERYTHING in the starting system. They are going to overnight the parts, so the bike should be done the first of next week. All under warranty. Guess that's all I can ask.
Good lord! You would think in this day and age something as basic as the ignition would be something that would never be an issue.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider