Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Jumper1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Well, good timing....I received the recall notice for the ignition in the mail this evening. I have a 9AM appointment tomorrow for the recall, so I'll bring this letter to make sure the dealer does it correctly...on a scale of 1 to 10, I give 'em a 7 (at best) for competence in their service dept.
I got my recall notice tonight as well. Leaving for the Smokies on Fri so will have to wait. Hope no problems.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:35 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

have an appointment for Saturday to have mine done, never did do the first as never so far had any problems, only thing I do not have much confidence in dealer service dept's, but will have to be at their mercy for this one. asked them if I could have the parts and do it myself, but was told no go.

Last edited by MRFREEZE57; 06-06-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:38 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Was able to get about 75 miles in yesterday. Will be riding to work most of the week.

Need to get to dealer for ignition replacement. Hoping to get closer to 10000 miles so I can get that service done as well. Also, I'm sure I will be needing new tires soon enough. I was surprised to learn that the LR tires are good for only about 10000 miles.

I had 12k on my rear, still had a bit left but changed it due to going on a trip, front one still has about 3k of life left, at 17k miles.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:47 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
I had 12k on my rear, still had a bit left but changed it due to going on a trip, front one still has about 3k of life left, at 17k miles.
I think 12K from a rear is really pretty good. I'll be happy with that kind of mileage. Hope I get that much.
Did you put the same rear tire on your bike?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:23 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

It seems my VIN is only requiring the first recall pieces. I received a letter from the dealer on the first one but not on the second. Dealer verified it with corporate.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I just got the recall notice yesterday for my ignition switch. Gonna call this morning. Hopefully get it in Friday since I work from home that day.

On another note I added some Kuryakyn Kinetic Grips. They say they take vibration out but in all honesty, I don't notice a difference. However from a feel and look standpoint, I LOVE them. They are also a thicker diameter than the stock grips which I really like since I don't need to close my hands as much. I bought the optional throttle boss as well and that thing rocks.

Still dealing with a rear brake problem (I have to press pretty hard for it to do anything), but I know the issue. I had to adjust my pedal to drop lower because of the Bassani RR. at standard height it is pressed up against the header pipe which damages the pedal and marks up the pipe. It also provides a wicked vibration. SO I had adjusted it so it is not up against the pipe which took away some of it's response. I think my only options to bring that pedal up is a different exhaust that has a little more room or forward controls. I am a really short dude so I may attempt the reduced reach forward control kit, but wonder if it will still be too far. However by doing this I would not need to do bars. It would get my closer and the bars would be a nice relaxed reach.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Got my recall notice in the mail yesterday as well. Have not set up an appointment as right now but will get my bike in for it very soon.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Got my recall notice in the mail yesterday as well. Have not set up an appointment as right now but will get my bike in for it very soon.
I'm scheduled for next Tuesday. I was the first one to call on it. They are telling me they may have it for a few days waiting for the kit. Sounds like the mother-ship has pre keyed kits. Not sure why they can't order it ahead of time. I may ask for a loaner bike.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:49 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Are the 2016s affect by this recall? I haven't received anything yet.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:50 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
I'm scheduled for next Tuesday. I was the first one to call on it. They are telling me they may have it for a few days waiting for the kit. Sounds like the mother-ship has pre keyed kits. Not sure why they can't order it ahead of time. I may ask for a loaner bike.
If you still want to ride your bike. Tell them to give you a call when the Recall Kit comes in. Otherwise your bike will be sitting at the Dealer waiting for the parts to come in.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider