Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:10 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

I'm thinkin' about getting the V&H pro pipe w/quiet baffle for a nice deep tone, but not too loud or maybe the Bassani road rage...I dunno.

Hey knightenforcer, are you considering selling your night stick w/the billet open end cap? If so, send me a PM with the price...

I'm still on the fence with the exhaust....it would be a first for me to leave it stock.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
most everyone i know has loud pipes, but one buddy had those v&h radius like that and it was so loud no one wanted to ride on his right side, also in parking lots it will blow dust and sh*t all over anybody on your right. alot of the biker places around here are half dirt lots and we use to make him park on the end

just something to think about, they do look nice
Did he have the baffles in them?
Some ppl remove them for MORE sound, LOL
(I kept mine in)

Old 08-29-2014, 09:11 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Originally Posted by SBRob
I'm thinkin' about getting the V&H pro pipe w/quiet baffle for a nice deep tone, but not too loud or maybe the Bassani road rage...I dunno.

Hey knightenforcer, are you considering selling your night stick w/the billet open end cap? If so, send me a PM with the price...

I'm still on the fence with the exhaust....it would be a first for me to leave it stock.
Sorry man, both long gone.
The billet end cap can be had at jp cycles, but sometimes cheaper to buy used on ebay.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:09 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Did he have the baffles in them?
Some ppl remove them for MORE sound, LOL
(I kept mine in)
I dont know if he had the baffles in or not, cant say for sure. knowin him he probobly had them out

Old 08-29-2014, 11:54 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master

I dont know if he had the baffles in or not, cant say for sure. knowin him he probobly had them out
Reason I asked, is that even though the big radius is loud, it is Just as loud as any of my previous V&H pipes. It is not earth shattering loud imho and have never experienced it throwing dirt etc...
I guess, it will also depend on what setup and tune each bike has. My neighbor has a carbed WG and we had same V&H pipes. His was definitely louder (I really cant explain why)
Now, talk about loud my other neighbor behind my house has straight pipes and thats LOUD! lol

Also, at idle in a wide open area or cruising at highway speeds, there's a very noticable exhaust sound reduction. I barely hear it esp when cruising at certain speeds.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 PM
My2Harleys
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just looking for a better sound (louder) on my 14 FXDL. Whats the easiest fix? How do you install the end caps (billett)?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:27 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by My2Harleys
Just looking for a better sound (louder) on my 14 FXDL. Whats the easiest fix? How do you install the end caps (billett)?
What I did was install the Screamin' Eagle Nightstick slip on and ended up with a 5 disk stack and the Supertrapp stainless steel open end cap. I am still running the stock headpipes with the catalytic converter in place. Nice sound at idle and constant speed cruising and lets out a great tone/volume level when twisting the go stick.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

most everyone i know has loud pipes, but one buddy had those v&h radius like that and it was so loud no one wanted to ride on his right side, also in parking lots it will blow dust and sh*t all over anybody on your right. alot of the biker places around here are half dirt lots and we use to make him park on the end

just something to think about, they do look nice

Sounds like just what I want.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:11 PM
HRCH
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back on a Dyna

Well, we couldn't resist. My wife had this crazy idea of trading in my 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R for another Harley. I already have a 2013 Softail Breakout and she has a fully chromed out Sportster Superlow. Just last year we traded in a 2012 Dyna Wide Glide for the Breakout. Don't get me wrong, I think the Breakout is one hell of a bike, but we found out it doesn't make a very good long distance cruiser. Our Dyna Wide Glide was great we rode it a lot. But once I saw the Breakout I couldn't resist. So, we wanted a long distance cruiser but we were not looking for a touring bike. So, my wife and I saw the the Dyna Low Rider at our local dealer, William's HD. So, someway somehow she talked me into giving up my big Ninja and we went home and picked up the Ninja and we traded it in. So, once again we are the proud owners of a Dyna. So, since getting the new Low Rider was more of her idea, I took the first pics of the bike with her on it.

Oh, btw. I saw some pics here of the Low Rider with the V&H Big Radius pipes. I didn't see those pipes listed on V&H website so, whoever has it one their Low Rider, would you please let me know what the part number is. Did you have to do any mods to make it work? Did the oxygen sensors mount on without an adapter? Let me know, thanks.

Jason

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:29 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new ride...

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider