Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:07 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by petefwa
Had mine for a month so far. done a bit over 2200Ks so far, 400 this afternoon. l've put FXDC midmounts and risers on it and for me the riding position is just about perfect... The engine seems to have a real sweet spot around 2600 RPM, around about a dollar fifteen in top, perfect cruising speed for me...
Newest pics of mine....

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:52 PM
mantis_404
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Just got this V&H big radius 2-2 even though it's not listed for the 2014 lowrider, I took the chance. I had it on my previous bike, softail and I remember it sounded nice and performed well.
Anyway, It really woke up the 103! The PV2 also made it easy to swap tunes for the new pipes.
This is louder than the SE nightstick and performed better.(I'm guessing due to the cat converter in the 2-1 stock headpipes being too restrictive) Also no problem with the oil dipstick getting in or out.
Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you guys. I'm really happy with this one, sound and performance.

-

-

Love those pipes but I heard that they are LOUD!!! Any issues with the passenger pegs? I'm torn between theses in black or the 2>1 that pab3rd posted.

Last edited by mantis_404; 08-28-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mantis_404
Love those pipes but I heard that they are LOUD!!! Any issues with the passenger pegs? I'm torn between theses in black or the 2>1 that pab3rd posted.
I'm kinda used to having V&H pipes on my previous bikes, so this one (for me) sounds louder and better than stock but not obnoxiously loud.
No issues with the stock passenger peg mount location.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 PM
mantis_404
Intermediate

I'm kinda used to having V&H pipes on my previous bikes, so this one (for me) sounds louder and better than stock but not obnoxiously loud.
No issues with the stock passenger peg mount location.
Ok decision made! Order goes in tomorrow and thanks for the info.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Originally Posted by mantis_404
Ok decision made! Order goes in tomorrow and thanks for the info.
Here's a video clip from V&H,(not my bike but same pipes) just to give you an idea how they sound.
Also, bear in mind that loud is subjective, what might be loud for some, may not be for others
It does have baffles, so for me drag pipes/ straight pipes are way louder compared to this.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had my eyes on the Low Rider since the new model came out. I finally saw one in person today and I want one! I may be trading in my Softail Slim this weekend.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:09 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's a video clip from V&H,(not my bike but same pipes) just to give you an idea how they sound.
Also, bear in mind that loud is subjective, what might be loud for some, may not be for others
It does have baffles, so for me drag pipes/ straight pipes are way louder compared to this.

Big Radius 2-into-2 for 2012 Dyna FXDB Street Bob - YouTube
Keep in mind that what you hear on a Youtube video bears no resemblance to how loud they actually are... l have staggered bigshots on my Lowrider, leaving for work at 5.30am does nothing to enhance how well l get along with the family next door...

The following users liked this post:
SS Twin (04-12-2020)
Old 08-29-2014, 12:24 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Originally Posted by petefwa
Keep in mind that what you hear on a Youtube video bears no resemblance to how loud they actually are... l have staggered bigshots on my Lowrider, leaving for work at 5.30am does nothing to enhance how well l get along with the family next door...
I've had V&H big shots before, so I can say that they're both very similar in sound
levels with the stock v&h baffles. They're definitely not quiet pipes, But they sure not as loud as straight/ drag pipes.
Also, I'm pretty sure v&h offers quiet baffles for the big shots, as well as other pipes but not for the big radius 2-2(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
So that could be another option for people looking for more sound but not too loud.

In my experience any aftermarket pipes will be louder than stock, its just a matter of how much is too much.
Mantis, I suggest to try and listen to it in person, if you can, before shelling out the cash.
Your dealer might have a bike with similar pipes. Might help you make the best decision

Last edited by knightenforcer; 08-29-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: info added
Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 AM
mantis_404
Intermediate

By no means do I want to keep the sound of the sound of the stock pipes. My neighbor actually said my bike sounds like a sewing machine when I leave and my other neighbors kid asked me "Why is my Dads bike soo much louder than yours?" so louder is what I am looking for. My biggest fear with the 2>2 is that I have read that the sound can get really sharp and be uncomfortable for the rider at higher RPMs. Right ear hearing loss is NOT what I'm going for. To combat this I have read that others have used quiet baffles to tone them down with great success.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:20 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I've had V&H big shots before, so I can say that they're both very similar in sound
levels with the stock v&h baffles. They're definitely not quiet pipes, But they sure not as loud as straight/ drag pipes.
Also, I'm pretty sure v&h offers quiet baffles for the big shots, as well as other pipes but not for the big radius 2-2(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
So that could be another option for people looking for more sound but not too loud.

In my experience any aftermarket pipes will be louder than stock, its just a matter of how much is too much.
Mantis, I suggest to try and listen to it in person, if you can, before shelling out the cash.
Your dealer might have a bike with similar pipes. Might help you make the best decision

most everyone i know has loud pipes, but one buddy had those v&h radius like that and it was so loud no one wanted to ride on his right side, also in parking lots it will blow dust and sh*t all over anybody on your right. alot of the biker places around here are half dirt lots and we use to make him park on the end

just something to think about, they do look nice

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider