Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:25 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,213 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
HDConvert511, you got a real nice LR S. When did you get it? Tell us a little about your sweet LR S.
I think I am on week 3 of owning it.

Just did the 1000 miles service yesterday with the Amsoil 20w50, 75w110, VTwin Primary fluid

So far:
-SE 585 Cams and pushrods
-PV2
-Bassani Road Rage
-HD Leather: swingarm bag, bar bag, and Badlander seat for momma.

Trying to talk myself out of the Bridgeport Renegade chrome wheels, but that gold has to go! Besides, this thread is filling up, and you won't be able to tell us apart, soon...

How many have you all have done the hi capacity oil cooler upgrade? I started experiencing the rear cylinder cutout due to high temp, and was hoping the oil cooler might help.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
I think I am on week 3 of owning it.
Just did the 1000 miles service yesterday with the Amsoil 20w50, 75w110, VTwin Primary fluid.

1000 miles in 3 weeks is some real serious riding. I use AMS Oil as well.

So far: SE 585 Cams and pushrods,
PV2, Bassani Road Rage, HD Leather: swingarm bag, bar bag, and Badlander seat for momma..

Your LR S must sound real nice with those cams and pipes. I have the PV2. Best tuning product out there in my opinion.

Besides, this thread is filling up, and you won't be able to tell us apart, soon... .

There is always room for new LR and LR S owners in this thread. Anyone who is the process of getting a LR or LR S can get a lot of information all in one place.

I How many have you all have done the hi capacity oil cooler upgrade? I started experiencing the rear cylinder cutout due to high temp, and was hoping the oil cooler might help.

I have flirted with getting a oil cooler. However, I live in the Midwest and do not ride when it gets crazy hot out. Most of my riding is between 50 and 80 degrees. Once it gets above 85, I don't ride.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:26 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

I have flirted with getting a oil cooler. However, I live in the Midwest and do not ride when it gets crazy hot out. Most of my riding is between 50 and 80 degrees. Once it gets above 85, I don't ride.
I think the difference is Humidity...here in California, 85° is within the "Perfect" temp range (well mine anyways).

It does feel HOT around 110° though

Old 05-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by matt85
Here are some crappy cell phone pictures of mine. Things I've done: Supertrapp exhaust, Fuel Moto air cleaner with S&S cover, tuned with Power Vision tuner, West Coast chrome 10" MX-TBars, Performance Machine contour grips, HD highway pegs, Moons MC moonmaker headlight, Custom Dynamics black Bullet Ringz LED front turn signals/running lights with amber/white LEDs and smoked lense, Custom Dynamics LED integrated tail light with smoked lense, DK Customs low mount headlight relocation kit, HD quarter fairing with Bung King bracket and 3 HD quick releases and 1 HD locking quick release, HD framed layback license plate mount, HD thumb screw for seat mount, and Leather Pros T-Sport bags. I think that's about it. I want to get Ohlins suspension front and rear next, waiting on the new Ohlins cartridge fork suspension to be available in the US. After that maybe a paint job and a Fuel Moto 107 kit.
You have done a lot more to your LR than I have done to mine. Impressive work, sir. Be sure to keep us updated on your LR mods and LR experience.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:32 PM
harlot
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

anyone put a v rod fairing on stock fxdl setup yet?

Really interested in one just not sure the visor will mount to the piece

Old 05-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by harlot

Not that I can recall.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:48 PM
matt85
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

You have done a lot more to your LR than I have done to mine. Impressive work, sir. Be sure to keep us updated on your LR mods and LR experience.
Thanks. I got it to where I equally like looking at it and riding it haha. Do you have any plans to do anything else to yours?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:59 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by harlot

I almost tried it, but I went in another direction. It can work, but you have to be able to fab a mounting bracket yourself. It should be hard. You should be able to make a bracket that attaches to the bottom riser bolts.

There is another version where the bracket wraps around the headlight itself. There are several threads on mounting it on a Dyna if you do a search.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by matt85
Thanks. I got it to where I equally like looking at it and riding it haha. Do you have any plans to do anything else to yours?
Not at present.

I have flirted with getting better rear shocks but the roads I drive on, while not perfect, are decent and the stock shocks get the job done for me. I never ride with a passenger.

I have also flirted with an oil cooler but it is cool here in Northern IL many months out of the year and I do not ride when it is above 85 degrees.

Lastly, I have considered bags. There are times when it would be nice to have more than my backpack but the fact is my bike is mostly used for getting to and from work. I do not need to transport much when I commute to work other than the usual things.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Has anyone fitted a set of 14" Wild 1 Chubby Outlawz to the Lowrider? (Or even any apes of similar height- 14-16")

Would like to see what it looks like.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider