Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Going to be demoing a LR S in two weeks.

First week I was able to ride to work a few days. Presently at 6750 miles. Bike is running great. Will be riding Sat and Sun as well.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

How long have you had your LR and are you considering getting the S version any time soon?

Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default My 14 Lowrider upgrades

Attachment 469559

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:07 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
How long have you had your LR and are you considering getting the S version any time soon?
I will have mine 1 year on June 7th. Just over 8k miles on it. No intention of getting an LR S. I have no intentions of getting rid of my LR anytime soon. My goal has always been to end up on a Road Glide. SO I will keep this for a while and when I am ready in 4 or have years to move up I'll test ride some bigger bikes. I may end up being perfectly happy with a Dyna and at that time maybe upgrade to a newer one. Or still be perfectly happy with my current LR.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Need some quick help. My rear brake seems awfully mushy, and useless unless I really mash on it. I did not take the caliper off to remove pads, but what I can see the pads look ok. I opened the rear master cylinder to check the fluid, but there doesn't seem to be any fill line that I can see. What should I look for to make sure I have enough fluid?

Old 04-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Twospot
I will have mine 1 year on June 7th. Just over 8k miles on it. No intention of getting an LR S. I have no intentions of getting rid of my LR anytime soon. My goal has always been to end up on a Road Glide. SO I will keep this for a while and when I am ready in 4 or have years to move up I'll test ride some bigger bikes. I may end up being perfectly happy with a Dyna and at that time maybe upgrade to a newer one. Or still be perfectly happy with my current LR.

I'll have had mine for 1 year in 3 weeks. Currently at about 7000 miles. I will be keeping my current LR for at least another year or two. When I do replace it, it will be another LR or LR S. The LR will be my bike for as long as I ride.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:30 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Ya' know, I feel the same way about my Low Rider...I plan to keep this for a LONG time. It fits me just right and it will most likely be the last Harley I own...at 63 yrs. young, I plan to keep riding this one for as long as I'm physically able to ride.

BUT, I am working on a deal to get a new 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS for a third bike in my stable. I miss not having a big block inline 4 cylinder bike. I like a little variety...it's fun.

I think three bikes will be my limit though...

Old 04-25-2016, 05:21 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

mine were the same way when i had my mids....try adjusting the rod that connects to the master cylinder...if you are in doubt of the fluid, just top it off. or you could drain the system refill and bleed....

Old 04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Need some quick help. My rear brake seems awfully mushy, and useless unless I really mash on it. I did not take the caliper off to remove pads, but what I can see the pads look ok. I opened the rear master cylinder to check the fluid, but there doesn't seem to be any fill line that I can see. What should I look for to make sure I have enough fluid?
i quoted the wrong post....see my previous post.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Anyone? I have no advice as I am not a mechanic. If it were me, I would be going to the dealer to have them fix it but that is just me. A lot of handy LR owners in this thread.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider