Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by INTHERED
When I picked up my new Low Rider from my dealer on the way home the very first exit ramp I took I scraped the exhaust.
I installed a set of 12.5" Progressive shocks and I have not scraped anything since.
The bike now handles perfect. I went riding with some sport bike guys and I was able to keep up with them in the curves with no problem.
You will not regret putting these shocks on your bike.

Inthered
same here. went on a weekend trip with wife and gear, leaned deep in a right curve, put a scar on my muffler, although my fault, had the shocks only on the 2nd setting. set them to the 4th, actually seems to ride a bit smoother now. think I was riding almost bottomed out.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:03 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Hey, ya'll can add me to the list of a happy FXDL owner...picked it up yesterday and traded in my 2012 Heritage. I went with the two tone black/silver model...no picks yet. I missed the hell out of my '09 Street Bob and I'm happy to be riding a Dyna again.

For now, it's bone stock and it's AWESOME!!!

Old 08-22-2014, 09:23 AM
My2Harleys
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What didn't you like about the Heritage that you liked in the Street Bob and feel you will like in the LR? Im lovin the FXDL, I like the softails but didn't want to get into the scraping pegs I keep hearing about (if that's even true)

Last edited by My2Harleys; 08-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:02 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by My2Harleys
What didn't you like about the Heritage that you liked in the Street Bob and feel you will like in the LR? Im lovin the FXDL, I like the softails but didn't want to get into the scraping pegs I keep hearing about (if that's even true)

The Heritage is a great bike, but I just don't care for the B motor, it's buzzy and likes cruisin' at 2400-2600 rpms. I didn't like the extra 91 lbs and I could feel the extra weight every time I rode it. It was comfortable, but it doesn't have the same "fun" factor that the lighter, faster and more nimble Dynas have...a lot of folks love their Heritage and would never part with it, it just wasn't for me.

Bottom line after a little over two years I realized I was missing the fun factor I had with my '09 Street Bob. The Heritage would sit in my garage for sometimes 2-3 weeks w/a battery tender hooked up to it cuz I just didn't care to ride it anymore.

This is JMO...

Old 08-24-2014, 03:25 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I plan on hitting another Demo Day event this weekend and drive the Low Rider again. I was a lot more impressed with the bike than I thought I would have been. I was happy to be able to firmly touch both feet on the ground. Good, strong acceleration.
Yup me too. I went for a demo ride today, the first thing i thought to myself was how light it felt compared to my 2013 super glide,it just seemed to handle better. Well i'm going back wednesday and see how much $$$ i have to come off of with my super glide in trade. Hope not to much..

Old 08-24-2014, 10:05 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by fullswedge
Yup me too. I went for a demo ride today, the first thing i thought to myself was how light it felt compared to my 2013 super glide,it just seemed to handle better. Well i'm going back wednesday and see how much $$$ i have to come off of with my super glide in trade. Hope not to much..

yes, the low rider is a great handling machine and does not feel heavy., loves to lean into corners. only negative is the lean angle is a bit limited due to the low ground clearance.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Well, I got my wish in terms of other paint options for the 2015 LR. I like the three that were offered on the 2014 LR but wanted to see what else might be available. I love the blue and white paint scheme. I also like the green.

You can see them at the HD web sight.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:07 PM
dyna bomb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Well, I got my wish in terms of other paint options for the 2015 LR. I like the three that were offered on the 2014 LR but wanted to see what else might be available. I love the blue and white paint scheme. I also like the green.

You can see them at the HD web sight.
I agree the color options now available are very nice! The blue and white is by far my favorite. But I still love my silver and black as well

Old 08-27-2014, 02:15 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna bomb
I agree the color options now available are very nice! The blue and white is by far my favorite. But I still love my silver and black as well

Didn't think much of the sliver/black but got it anyway. Now I like it better than any of the alternatives (even new ones). I suppose that might change if they ever offer 2-tone red.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fullswedge
Well,after going back and forth 3 or 4 times with the salesman we got it boiled down to about $4000 and my bike. I would have gone $2500 and mine, but it's a no go.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider