Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by frankf
OK, done for now. Here's the '14 Nevada Low Rider.
Bassani Road Rages pipes
Windvest windshield
T-Bags
Tribal grips and pegs
Highway pegs
Flush mount fuel gauge and cap
Fuel Moto tuner
Detachable passenger backrest and rack
Nice Frank! Have you noticed an better accuracy with the fuel gauge?

Old 04-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LowLow
Got it from a dealer in NW IA, smaller outfit with very little staff on hand. I'll probably have to take it to my local Harley Dealer for any warranty service, I'll be performing all my own service otherwise. Like I said, no spring chicken here, I've built my own customs and rebuilt from the ground a 81' CB750f and 85' Vmx1200. Here are some pics for now, more once I start adding all my own touches to it. The only thing I've done so far is adjust the bars for a little more comfortable ride, I love that I was able to pull off on the highway and whip out my tool kit to do this! Only took a couple stops to get it tuned in. Next is getting the backrest/ sissy bar mounted, signals relocated, fairing or windshield and a few small detailed Willie G skull touches here and there. I'll be saving for performance next, but I want to focus on looks and comfort first since it runs like a raped ape already.

I gotta be honest, I really wish I would have held out for a silver/black. It's really sweet looking. No dealers around me had any. It was hard to find the black one. I found a lot of the blue/white. Mine is a 2015 and what I really wanted was the Amber Whiskey/Black. I loved that. But they discontinued it for 2015. I had a bead on a 2014 but it was way out in PA and They didn't want to deal at all so I passed.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

OK, done for now.
Bahahahaha!!!!!

So what ya buying next week.

Bike looks great btw. I see your fuel cap fit like mine did. No matter how hard I tried it is impossible to make it truly flush with the trim ring. Still looked better than stock I thought. Like to see what you come up with next, there is no such thing as "done" with these bikes.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

OK, done for now. Here's the '14 Nevada Low Rider.
Bassani Road Rages pipes
Windvest windshield
T-Bags
Tribal grips and pegs
Highway pegs
Flush mount fuel gauge and cap
Fuel Moto tuner
Detachable passenger backrest and rack
Very nicely done. I love that flush mount gas cap. Two things I wish HD would do: locking flush gas cap and a fuel gauge that actually works. Two minor easy to do things that would make a big difference to the loyal HD owners.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 PM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heeehee. So right. Looking at a Le Pera seat that will give me 2" more leg room.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:56 PM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never have used the fuel gauge to tell me what I have left. I use the odometer. I know the milage, so easy to just watch the miles. I know I have to look for gas between 150 and 180 miles to make it to 200 miles and empty.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:58 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Twospot
I gotta be honest, I really wish I would have held out for a silver/black. It's really sweet looking. No dealers around me had any. It was hard to find the black one.
I too like the Silver/Black paint scheme. When I went to my local HD dealer to get the LR they had (a 2014 Silver/Black one), I was ready to get it. Turned out that another customer was in another salesman's office closing on it. He had gotten to the dealership about 1/2 hour before me. My salesman said they had a 2015 black one on the way so I put a deposit down on what would become my bike.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:36 PM
14LowLow
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I too like the Silver/Black paint scheme. When I went to my local HD dealer to get the LR they had (a 2014 Silver/Black one), I was ready to get it. Turned out that another customer was in another salesman's office closing on it. He had gotten to the dealership about 1/2 hour before me. My salesman said they had a 2015 black one on the way so I put a deposit down on what would become my bike.
I've never been a fan of black bikes. Don't get me wrong, when they look sharp, they look SHARP! I've had too many gloss black vehicles in the past that make me stay away. Swirls, dust, minor scratches, all too much time off the rode for me! I was extremely fortunate to get this color scheme, I too almost had to settle with a black or green 2015 until I came across this jewel.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:40 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Finally got a nice ride in Thurs and another today. Took Thurs and Fri off of work to get things done. Now that I have had my LR for almost a year, I can say the following:

1. HD are great bikes.

2. The LR is the only bike I want.

3. My next bike down the road will be another LR or LR S.

4. When I finish a ride, I immediately start thinking about the next ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ikelove:
hd4evr2008 (04-15-2016), Twospot (04-25-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 06:01 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Finally got a nice ride in Thurs and another today. Took Thurs and Fri off of work to get things done. Now that I have had my LR for almost a year, I can say the following:

1. HD are great bikes.

2. The LR is the only bike I want.

3. My next bike down the road will be another LR or LR S.

4. When I finish a ride, I immediately start thinking about the next ride.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider