Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:22 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
Have any of you gotten condensation inside of your speedo/tach. I was out yesterday and it was cool out but the sun was beating down and had some develop. I just want to know if this is standard course or if I should have the dealer replace under warranty.
FWIW, my '09 Street Bob did this, my '12 Heritage did this and my '14 Low Rider does this...I think it's another HD thing.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

How hard would it really be for HD to give condensation proof speedos and tachs and accurate gas gauges?

Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 AM
14LowLow
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Congrads on getting your LR. The LR is the cream of the HD crop. Did you buy it from a private party or a dealer?

Go through the pages and this thread and you will find tons of customizing ideas and tips.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Got it from a dealer in NW IA, smaller outfit with very little staff on hand. I'll probably have to take it to my local Harley Dealer for any warranty service, I'll be performing all my own service otherwise. Like I said, no spring chicken here, I've built my own customs and rebuilt from the ground a 81' CB750f and 85' Vmx1200. Here are some pics for now, more once I start adding all my own touches to it. The only thing I've done so far is adjust the bars for a little more comfortable ride, I love that I was able to pull off on the highway and whip out my tool kit to do this! Only took a couple stops to get it tuned in. Next is getting the backrest/ sissy bar mounted, signals relocated, fairing or windshield and a few small detailed Willie G skull touches here and there. I'll be saving for performance next, but I want to focus on looks and comfort first since it runs like a raped ape already.

The following users liked this post:
hd4evr2008 (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Looking real nice, 14LowLow. You going to be doing the Stage 1? I did. Bike runs much better.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:56 PM
14LowLow
Cruiser

Thanks Ike, I appreciate that. Not even close to your monster yet, but, definitely happy with my purchase and love the small skull accents. After I'm satisfied with the comfort and looks I'm definitely going to be doing stage 1. Maybe I'll give myself an early xmas present...hmmm.

I'm not sure where to begin though. I'm thinking I'd like to go with a tuner such as a DynoJet Power Vision, I've tuned cars in the past and a lot if not all of the same concepts apply. My very first attempt at tuning was s**t, but, I didn't blow the car up so I didn't give up! Lol. Since then I've become pretty familiar with tuning AFR, idle timing, can timing, IF, AF, etc. What intrigues me most is the PV's auto tune feature. I thought auto tune was for the sound booth only lol jk. Maybe someone else can provide more thorough detail, but the way I understand it is that the tuner learns the way you ride and reads the way your bike is setup to get the best tune each time you ride... Is that the case? What's the best way to setup a stage one and get 100% potential power? I won't be doing this for at least a season so I have plenty of time to read and research!

Old 04-13-2016, 06:30 PM
14LowLow
Cruiser

Better pic

Old 04-13-2016, 08:07 PM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebrand Slip on mufflers

I finally got my Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1's on my 2014 LR. The sound is great!! I'll post some pics later this week.

While I was getting cash together I bought and installed a Firebrand 4" Loose Cannon Slip On which did the job. I've heard that the Firebrand is somehow related to Vance and Hines, but not sure.

Anyway, they are a step up from the stock in sound. Still on the quite side, but good base sound. The install was a 20 min job using stock hardware. Finish is perfect.

Up for sale if anyone is interested. Cost me $250 new, selling for $150 + shipping.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by frankf
I finally got my Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1's on my 2014 LR. The sound is great!! I'll post some pics later this week.
Looking forward to the pics. Seems a lot of LR owners have gone with the RR exhaust lately.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:37 AM
USAFANGWINGNUT67
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
Cool let us know what they say if you don't mind. Other option is to grab one of those portable fuel bottles, fill it up toss it in a bag and ride around into the bike runs out of gas. Then calculate it lol. Then you can use the fuel in the bottle to get to a gas station.... I may just do this myself.
Interestedly I haven't heard back from them.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:15 PM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Nevada Low Rider

OK, done for now. Here's the '14 Nevada Low Rider.
Bassani Road Rages pipes
Windvest windshield
T-Bags
Tribal grips and pegs
Highway pegs
Flush mount fuel gauge and cap
Fuel Moto tuner
Detachable passenger backrest and rack

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider